Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 11:17 AM
Fire Giant

If you are a class with snare it should be permaslotted even if you "don't need it" as it is a key part of the druid's (and ran and wiz) CC toolbox. There are other spells way lower on the list of priority that can be swapped out before snare. I keep snare/root on slots 7 and 8 as well and I also have them hotkeyed, all the time, and I alt+number key spell slots 1-4.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

ES Gauntlets. We have 8 spell slots. And up to 80 inventory slots. And Druid gauntlets kind of suck until Velious. Th best are 25hp/mana or 35 mana. Meh.

If you can move a utility spell to an item clicky... Like snare (ES Gauntlets or with Verrious Tanglewood Shield), you should do that to allow for spells that you can't get a clicky of.

Same will happen for Regrowth with Velious BPs. And SoW with Velious Boots.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:38 PM
Sarnak

I have had situations in dungeons (and completely situational and most of the time preventable) where a 2s cast of snare stops a running mob, but a 4s cast would have allowed them to slip around a corner.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

If they were slipping around a corner, chances are they were running. Which means you fought them for 80% and didn't snare. Also root is our fastest spell to stop movement. So if you find yourself in that position you're better off rooting since it casts faster than spell snare.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Snare earlier, snare often - if it means life or death.

It's probably your #1 job if you ever manage to get into a dungeon group.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 02-18-2014, 12:48 PM
Sarnak

Lol, hence I said most of the time preventable, but whatever. I opened myself up for this I guess.

As a side note, I have noticed chanters love a quick ensnare on broken charms to peal them and give them a chance to remez. Works almost as good as a cleric stun.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:50 PM
Kobold

Just need some PvP info thrown on there. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-18-2014, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Ah I missed the parentheses.

Yea Ensnare -> Sit usually will pull aggro on a charmed pet. But often recharming will involve re tash which will get aggro back on the enchanter.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:23 PM
Sarnak

I have to agree to snare defenders [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Ensnare is one of the most usefull spells for druids, and I keep it memmed all times. ES gauntlets are way too slow for some situations. Specially if things get out of control.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:55 PM
Fire Giant

The extra seconds count big time, and druid doesn't have a stun so really you're SOL once the mob runs the corner. The spell is also very low mana. I usually snare when a mob is around 50%, and I have to tell my group members DO NOT ROOT THE FUCKING MOB THAT IS BEING TANKED CAUSE IT MESSES MY SNARES
Closed Thread