Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 07:35 PM
Aviak

Tons of awesome ideas in here. Thanks guys!
Old 02-26-2015, 08:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So Yumyums cracked a joke, but didn't in any way refute anything, and this shows I took the thread out of context how exactly?
The whole thing was a joke, including what you posted. Broom > the rest as a matter of what the poster feels a shaman should banish his dog with. Yumyums post just explained the joke most explicitly.

"One of them (I think maybe the broom) is supposed to be the best, and the shovel is supposed to be second best, but personally I'm still using my shovel at 57. It gives back at least 95%, if not 100%, of the pet's mana cost, so I've never seen any reason to switch from it."

You suggest that the items may be functionally different from one another, which is not what the post you referenced was actually saying. That's how you cited it out of context.

Wrench, you've polluted every thread you post in, including this one, with snarky bullshit attacks on one or more posters. And yes I'm pissed off at you for trolling the shit out of my thread on Red; I ask a genuine question about social conventions on the server and you turn it into RnF.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKvothe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And yes I'm pissed off at you for trolling the shit out of my thread on Red; I ask a genuine question about social conventions on the server and you turn it into RnF.
trolled the shit out of? you had a problem with a group mate and wanted to wait till he was low on hp to one shot pk em, i told you to man up and actually say somethin to him first

mine was actually the best advice you got in that thread your just to hypersensitive to realize it

leave red and seek help irl
Old 02-27-2015, 02:22 PM
Sarnak

Actually you're right, it was bodybagger who trolled for 2 pages, you just came in and were rude as fuck all at once. The same way you've been to loramin. Because "a real man" hides behind the internet and talks shit.

If anyone reading this cares, my post was asking how the red server felt about cold-blooded murder of a groupmate who played badly. One of the perks of red, right? I got a lot of helpful feedback:
Quote:
degroup + announcement of intent + 10 second head start imo.
Quote:
lvling up a 3rd alt

my group killed a legit afk necro over the course of 2 days in COM, he apologized for afking so much made excuses. Leeched one time for 30 min straight, then again for 25 while he was eating, constant smoke breaks was fd in the wall. We killed him twice, and refused to group with him once. This was a PUG.

In mistmoore had an issues at graveyard, rogue afk non stop, pked him. In group and booted.

Same in Solb, afk rogue, ended up getting dumped.

do what feels right
Quote:
Kill him
Quote:
I think it would be cool to discuss this in earnest.

Part of the value of Red is that one's actions can have consequences. If you annoy someone on Blue, they may /ignore you or report you or badmouth you or simply avoid grouping with you...but on Red, they may attack you. That gives us all a little more accountability to each other. If you misbehave or play poorly or refuse to take input, you'd better be ready to defend yourself.

Secondly, no one has grounds to be mad at you about PvP here. Everyone knows they're signing into the PvP server. All players on this server have signed up for PvP, even those that just came here to avoid the crowding and bottlenecks on Blue server. All players know the risk. Therefore, they have no right to accuse you of wrongdoing if you attack or kill them. Bind camping is unacceptable, twink griefing is shameful, but PvP is totally acceptable.

As for me, I like to play according to my own sense of honor. I would give the player some respectful feedback or input and ask for what I want (in this case, to focus more on healing, or to stay above 30% hp or whatever it is, or to stop going AFK so long); an if no change occurs, kill them. Depending on what class I'm playing, I might need other group members to help.
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...62&postcount=5
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...95&postcount=8
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=10
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=35

And here's Wrench's oh so helpful response:
Quote:
same goes to you op, if you dont have the balls to even say something in group to shaman to tell them to stop acting like an idiot, dont act like waiting for them to get very low on hp to one shot them makes you some kinda man
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=49
You expect me to thank you for talking to me like that? Screw you, asshole.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:48 PM
Fire Giant

absolutely you should thank me, altho you may be to emotionally immature to realize it atm

your overreaction to a small jab at your manhood shows me your skin is much to thin

your horribly mistaken if you think im the worst your going to run into on the forums or ingame
Old 02-27-2015, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

I'm fine with who I am, it's who you are that I don't like.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:01 PM
Kobold

Can someone please explain what global cooldown removal is why I should get the goblin skull earring? Thank you
Old 04-09-2015, 03:07 PM
Decaying Skeleton

It seems to me that the shovel would be very good for turning the pet into a clutch mana battery. Am I wrong here?
Old 04-10-2015, 01:01 AM
Sarnak

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can someone please explain what global cooldown removal is why I should get the goblin skull earring? Thank you
Without Goblin Skull Earring:

1. Cast Canni.
2. Wait 1.5 seconds for global cool down, which prevents the casting of any spells.
3. Cast Canni.

Many will time Canni to med ticks and sit between casts to eliminate this inefficiency of not being able to re-cast canni for additional mana gain. Timing med ticks also causes you to take longer then 1.5 seconds many times waiting for tick before you stand and cast Canni again.

With Goblin Skull Earring:

1. Cast Canni
2. Click Goblin Skull Earring
3. Immediately re-cast Canni

You now no longer have to sit between casts wasting time or rapidly top off mana by chain casting Canni. You have eliminated 1.5 second delay and any lost time waiting for med ticks. This means you gain mana much, much faster. It turns Canni into a poor mans Manastone (one with a cast time).

Most people will make a hotkey of Earring slot and put it on hot bar. As example I put Goblin Earring on NumPad* and Canni on NumPad9 and after Canni completes hit NumPad* followed by Numpad9.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-15-2015, 10:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCamel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Without Goblin Skull Earring:

1. Cast Canni.
2. Wait 1.5 seconds for global cool down, which prevents the casting of any spells.
3. Cast Canni.

Many will time Canni to med ticks and sit between casts to eliminate this inefficiency of not being able to re-cast canni for additional mana gain. Timing med ticks also causes you to take longer then 1.5 seconds many times waiting for tick before you stand and cast Canni again.

With Goblin Skull Earring:

1. Cast Canni
2. Click Goblin Skull Earring
3. Immediately re-cast Canni

You now no longer have to sit between casts wasting time or rapidly top off mana by chain casting Canni. You have eliminated 1.5 second delay and any lost time waiting for med ticks. This means you gain mana much, much faster. It turns Canni into a poor mans Manastone (one with a cast time).

Most people will make a hotkey of Earring slot and put it on hot bar. As example I put Goblin Earring on NumPad* and Canni on NumPad9 and after Canni completes hit NumPad* followed by Numpad9.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I cant get this to work, everytime i get spell not recovered yet, unless i do a mini delay on inst cast.
Closed Thread