Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 01:06 PM
Fire Giant

Welcome
Old 11-16-2017, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This could be huge for red. If you were considering trying red, now is the time to get in.

Red doesn't deserve an Auld Lang chapter so you guys better treat them right.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:35 PM
Kobold

God you'd be doing me a favor if you'd let me clean out my bank gifting to you guys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What kinds of help do you and don't you accept? Ports to get a group going? High level rogues or necros helping on CRs? Incidental buffs from high level druids that happened upon your group? The line between normal interactions and powerleveling is very blurred on red, what with the population being so skewed towards 50+ players. If I have a high level character and I kick down some gear to my low level alt in ALS, have I transgressed against the honor of the guild?

I'm interested to see how this all plays out, because there's a very different dynamic on red - gear is gifted more often than it is sold, by far. Also, since the experience bonus is so huge, especially in full groups - you are going to SERIOUSLY outlevel your gear in a way you cannot predict coming from the blue experience. Like for real, you may well still be wielding that cracked staff at level 50, meaning that the higher you level, the bigger an albatross you might find yourself becoming around the necks of your groupmates. I have some odd pieces of cloth and bronze on several of my 50+ characters, because all you need to do is blink once slowly and you find yourself level 50, and then that's where the true red experience begins.

In any event, just talking shop - welcome to Red, we're mighty pleased to have ya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-16-2017, 07:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnttoken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand you guys don't take handouts, but if you do ever need anything as far as some buffs or ports or cheap gear hmu. Just ask for Metroid.
That’s correct! We play by a very strict rule set. We don’t necessarily click off buffs (or at least we aren’t required to) but we don’t actively participate in say a high level Druid just hanging out at Orc 1 and buffing us to the Teeth. LOL. We want to experience Norrath in all its glory.

I caught wind that we had our first PVP kill by someone outside ALS. So we’re getting into that aspect. We are glad for a warm welcome and hope to contribute to the growth and expansion of the Red population.

Thanks! (Maggie on Red)
Old 11-16-2017, 07:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
God you'd be doing me a favor if you'd let me clean out my bank gifting to you guys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What kinds of help do you and don't you accept? Ports to get a group going? ...
Servant,
Thanks for the offers. We have a couple Aulders who have Druids that ported a few of us around at the beginning but we are sticking to the experience of boats and such for now.

If someone offers ports, that is up to the Aulders to accept (and pay) or decline. We don’t actively ask for buffs or ports from outside the zone we are in.

We have a closed economy on Blue (we only buy/sell within the guild), but as you said there is not really an “EC tunnel” on Red to avoid, but we avoid the handouts as well. If we can’t kill, loot or craft it, we will wait til we can. :-)
We plan to mostly level together, so it will be slower than usual and we want to crawl some dungeons and gear up along the way in similar fashion as we have on Blue.

It will definitely be a new experience but one I believe we can have and maintain our way of life. :-)
Old 11-17-2017, 02:21 AM
Fire Giant

these people make me sick, someone grief them off the box before I have a stroke, or worst yet

have to re install the game and play again

new players with the capacity for actual tears, someone better have fun with this
Old 11-17-2017, 10:07 AM
Kobold

No worries guys... any character piloted by Outer is a shitcan and you guys will be gifted free kills!
Old 11-17-2017, 02:54 PM
Kobold

dont worry about the inbred hillbillies like outer and his ronin/epidemic toxic waste. they are part of the reason this server has a bad rep. honestly, there are alot of good normal people here enjoy your time here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] also i’ll make a char with you guys soon as i get back from vacation at the end of the month! stick it out guys.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:06 PM
Sarnak

'tis OK, we will not be deterred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-18-2017, 03:47 AM
Skeleton

Sounds fun. Welcome
Closed Thread