Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 11:06 AM
Banned

Play a Shaman and never look back.

Such a powerful duo, you'll get insane brownie points with the wife.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:53 PM
Fire Giant

Well a new player can't really experience the twink melee thing of beauty. And are going to be having a much harder time I am under the opinion that players that have leveled a Superman twink melee are bias and don't realize how immense the difference is between them and a new player with table scraps for gear.

Also yes you are right a twinked melee will blow the socks off a caster leveling up, because casters are limited to using level appropriate spells and pets where as a melee can use lvl 60 weapons and gear with dmg ratios and mitigation way way higher than they should have at said level

But I don't think of leveling as 1 to 50 then group I see it as a 1 to 60 journey. Which most melee even twinked drop off in the 50s where as many casters are still able as a viable option to solo for exp if they choose
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 02-22-2018, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

Paladin
Old 02-22-2018, 04:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi all fairly new couple here in the world of p99 highest we’ve achieved is 20 cleric and 16 monk. Currently I am working on leveling lvl 5 rogue.

So I know my wife loved her monk and is keeping it as her main but I’m trying to figure out what I want for a main we don’t always have the same scheduled play times and sometimes only a little while to play either together or alone.

We both like melee, dps type. And would prefer not being a healer and not really fond of being a tank unless we have to.
we would like something we can group with others and with each other or solo with depending on the current situation playtime availability and needs of Real Life demands

So my question to you is where do classes align from best to worst on solo ability group ability survivability and lastly damage rankings.

Tanks
Melees
Casters
Healers

And after the poll of classes what race would be best to worst for different classes and where can we get some decent leveling gear for lowbies with no real income.

And lastly what is a good guild we could join not a hardcore raiding guild since we’re still just starting.
Shadowknights can solo and tank. You can fear kite on a SK to max level.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:17 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 monks is viable, and probably the cheapest melee toon to gear starting out, lots of weapon options.
Well I was honestly hoping I could continue my rogue but since it’s not viable will. Monks get groups together or not really due to mechanics and groups not needing or possibly wanting two monks
Old 02-22-2018, 05:20 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxNation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would agree, but in my mind for a majority of classes grouping is the ticket post 50. Sure some classes can solo well but for the most part a good group is almost always equal or better than soloing.

I am not delusional and in fact I have first hand experience leveling varied roles, priests, tanks, melee. On my twinked warrior I have found exp to be the smoothest, most consistent and fastest between every other class I've played, except Bard. I had a twinked Shaman and that was incredibly slow and boring up until mid 30's. Warrior slows down SLIGHTLY in the 40's.

People pretend that a twinked melee still sucks once you get 30+ and I just don't see it. Casters are difficult to twink and the limiting factor is mana and that isn't easily addressed. Melee can twink with a readily available item, albeit it spendy.

Bottom line, a twinked melee is a thing of beauty and provides a ton of fun. My number one advice for any melee twink after a fungi and haste item is a bag of Wooly Nets. Root alone provides such great utility and life saving ability for 6pp a click it's a no brainer.

As for the OP, Monk Shaman is a deadly combo but I know you said you didn't want to play a healer. You also eliminated tanks and since yo ualready have a rogue you really have painted yourself into the corner of a monk.

The monk is a great toon for a new person, very low gear requirement. Great utility with Feign Death and Mend. I would advocate for a Monk/Monk duo for you and the wife. Race would in part depend on what race your wife is. If she is an Iksar, then you go Iksar, if she is human then go Human. My vote is Human simply because of the looks and animations. Min/Max then Iksar is the move. For a new player I would suggest a human monk.

GL and Enjoy the journey!
How hard will it be for us to get in groups with others together s monk/monk
Old 02-22-2018, 05:26 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Ok can someone write me a best to worst list of all the classes whether it is melee caster hybrid or healer just make a list from best to worst of all the classes for me there’s so many saying shaman which is good with buffs heals and slow as well as dots but I’m trying to decide if I really want to do that or not personally so please make a list from best to worst of every class in game for soloing and duo efficiency thanks
Old 02-22-2018, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

With a monk and sk you can reverse kite outdoors quite easily. You can also both solo (fairly well).

It would probably be my go-to. If you want to be able to duo loot camps a shaman and monk is pretty insane.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:44 PM
Fire Giant

I'm always a big fan of warriors...they are great!
Old 02-22-2018, 06:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok can someone write me a best to worst list of all the classes whether it is melee caster hybrid or healer just make a list from best to worst of all the classes for me there’s so many saying shaman which is good with buffs heals and slow as well as dots but I’m trying to decide if I really want to do that or not personally so please make a list from best to worst of every class in game for soloing and duo efficiency thanks
Just play a Necromancer and be done with it. Monk and Necromancers are an awesome duo when the necro can start healing and you will have a pet that melees so you may like it more than a pure caster since you can pretend your doing your pets melee damage.

2 melee together are garbage unless you both have Fungis. If she wants to play a Monk then you need to play a Shaman or Necromancer, there isn't much way around this.

Shaman - can do more high level content with shm + mnk, will be slower but safer. Shaman is also incredibly expensive vs necromancer costing literally almost nothing

Necro - Can both FD and get into weird places together that would otherwise be off limits. Necro does substantially more DPS and can Charm. More attack power but riskier w/o Slow
Last edited by Spyder73; 02-22-2018 at 06:49 PM..
Closed Thread