Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 07:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biaxil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm still waiting for the IP exemption. She is leveling her level 2 mage now, to keep up with me. I'm almost level 5. This wait is really lame. The PVP server is dead as is and this rule just keeps it from getting more people in faster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biaxil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn, I only did it about 8 hours ago.
This 8 hour wate is killng me gize!!!

Try 3 weeks. You have no idea how good you have it. The GMs were finally given permission to look at IP Exemption petitions barely last year. It should take you a couple of days. CALM THE FUCK DOWN.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:55 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if single players want to ruin it for legit couples that want to play..."brothers", "wives", etc then direct your anger at them for putting you, the legit duos, in the crossfire.
People have already said that they want this policed at such a high level that they are happy with a few innocent people getting banned for the sake of stopping a few boxers getting through the cracks. And reporting people accordingly.

This is of their making.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrocks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude, relax. Your IP exemption will come. As lyra stated above, they do them in batches roughly every week or so. If its only been less than a day you need to chill, lol. Sending the gm's pms, petitions, and generally spamming them trying to get your exemption i can almost guarantee they will purposefully take longer to do yours. I'm fairly certain that it says all over the place to be patient, post your exemption, and then not bug the devs about it constantly.

That being said, the whole two boxers getting cracked down on thing is (i believe) a myth. You're not going to get banned because sirken sent you a tell and you didn't reply right away. To some people it may look that way, but in reality, whenever a GM is checking on a two-boxer, he sits invis next to the person in question and watches them. I'm unsure of how long they do this for, but I know its a fair amount of time. Gm's arent interested in banning innocent people, and it is in fact their policy to ban less and accidentally get innocent people less, instead of ban more an get innocents more. If you're playing legit with two real people instead of two-boxing and claiming its a wife/friend/brother, you will be fine. I very much doubt anyone's ever been banned for 'not responding to a tell within 60 seconds', that's just not the way it works.

Lastly, like i said, be patient. I apologize if i sounded rude before, I didn't mean to, just realize that the gm's are all volunteers, and they let everyone play on this server 100% free without requesting anything at all. Its not even free-to-play, its just free, and the gm's get paid $0. There's a LOT to do on a 1000+ population server, and thats why things often take time to do. Your petition will get processed, i promise. Just remember, don't two-box! Even if you just decide to hop on your wife's character to drop a buff or two, dont do it! thats when you'll get busted and your wife will be *pissed* that you got her character banned.

Be patient, and I hope you an your wife enjoy p99!!

Bumping my post to third page, because for some reason i feel this guy is gonna miss it, and i feel the need for attention this morning.

btw, lol slave thats exactly what i thought, i just wanted to say it nicely. I feel like people who are new to the server deserve a *little* bit of slack, since they don't always know just how free this server is. (ie, gms dont get paid for the time they put in.... and its a lot of time)

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 02-15-2013, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladesch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People have already said that they want this policed at such a high level that they are happy with a few innocent people getting banned for the sake of stopping a few boxers getting through the cracks. And reporting people accordingly.

This is of their making.
Actually no. Those comments came out of someone who got banned and started whining on the forums, airing his grievances publicly because the GMs wouldn't reply to him... which then caused a number of people to make their views felt.

That didn't go down well of course, having views on the forums. He was the victim/martyr of it all...and those who report boxers are horrible human beings who probably inject marijuanas daily and have no lives.

Boxing is banned here, I'm glad its banned, and I hope it stays banned. IP exemptions are a privelige, not a right. If people continue to abuse them they should be taken away. I wonder how much the EC population would drop...
Old 02-15-2013, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

^^^ agree with swish, which i usually do.

Like i stated above, it may *seem* to some people who get banned that a gm simply sent them a tell and banned them 60 seconds later, but that is rarely, if ever, the case. I guarantee you that gm was sitting by you invis for quite some time before said banhammer came down.

gm's do sometimes ban innocent people, but they also try really hard to make sure that doesn't happen.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 02-15-2013, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Slave is right. Wow, like a year ago it took what? two to three months to get one. They are doing them fast as hell as of late. Smile, be happy. Its only a game.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrocks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude, relax. Your IP exemption will come. As lyra stated above, they do them in batches roughly every week or so. If its only been less than a day you need to chill, lol. Sending the gm's pms, petitions, and generally spamming them trying to get your exemption i can almost guarantee they will purposefully take longer to do yours. I'm fairly certain that it says all over the place to be patient, post your exemption, and then not bug the devs about it constantly.

That being said, the whole two boxers getting cracked down on thing is (i believe) a myth. You're not going to get banned because sirken sent you a tell and you didn't reply right away. To some people it may look that way, but in reality, whenever a GM is checking on a two-boxer, he sits invis next to the person in question and watches them. I'm unsure of how long they do this for, but I know its a fair amount of time. Gm's arent interested in banning innocent people, and it is in fact their policy to ban less and accidentally get innocent people less, instead of ban more an get innocents more. If you're playing legit with two real people instead of two-boxing and claiming its a wife/friend/brother, you will be fine. I very much doubt anyone's ever been banned for 'not responding to a tell within 60 seconds', that's just not the way it works.

Lastly, like i said, be patient. I apologize if i sounded rude before, I didn't mean to, just realize that the gm's are all volunteers, and they let everyone play on this server 100% free without requesting anything at all. Its not even free-to-play, its just free, and the gm's get paid $0. There's a LOT to do on a 1000+ population server, and thats why things often take time to do. Your petition will get processed, i promise. Just remember, don't two-box! Even if you just decide to hop on your wife's character to drop a buff or two, dont do it! thats when you'll get busted and your wife will be *pissed* that you got her character banned.

Be patient, and I hope you an your wife enjoy p99!!

Gotrocks, it was nice to hear your post. I have been reading so many negative issues regarding this topic that it has made be concerned. Hearing this positivity makes me hopeful.

Biaxil, so you do not feel alone, I have been patiently waiting since Sunday for my petition to clear. I feel the same anxiousness as you, but I have to consciously temper it. Remember, this tiny delay will comparatively be a drop in the bucket vs the amount required to reach our 60th season.

In any case, I am optimistic the staff are working extra hard to clear us for this holiday weekend. But I am also prepared mentally/emotionally if they are not able to do so. Enjoy your weekend either way and I look forward to grouping with you soon.

-Gravitas
Old 02-15-2013, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This 8 hour wate is killng me gize!!!

Try 3 weeks. You have no idea how good you have it. The GMs were finally given permission to look at IP Exemption petitions barely last year. It should take you a couple of days. CALM THE FUCK DOWN.
Hey internet tough guy, I'm not mad about it, it was just a statement. But if you need to look cool on a forum, then keep yelling in caps.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

LOUD NOISES
Old 02-15-2013, 05:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I'm still waiting for the IP exemption. She is leveling her level 2 mage now, to keep up with me. I'm almost level 5. This wait is really lame. The PVP server is dead as is and this rule just keeps it from getting more people in faster.
Just as another piece of info you may or may not be interested in:

The IP block does not apply if one of you is playing on Blue and the other on Red. If you're both feining pretty bad just to play, and think you might eventually play some on Blue aswell, then you could switch off.
Closed Thread