Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 08:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL @ FE making a deal with TMO. From your desperate and illogical defense, we can plainly see TMO is terrified of the possibility of PNP being applied to VP.
It's illogical to you because you're dumb. You think adding PnP to VP will allow your guild to get targets it currently doesn't, but it won't. This is causing you to have a mental breakdown and you can't comprehend the information, which is how we ended up with your above post.

FE will do what it has to, to survive as a guild and grow. They won't sacrifice loot that can go to their members for you, they aren't all that stupid.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really?

REALLY?!

I would like to think that you're just trolling, but in case you're completely mathematically and mentally deficient, I will do this VERY SLOWLY.

100 people at Trakanon:

30 TMO
30 BDA
20 FE
20 Others

Probability of FTE:

30% TMO
30% BDA
20% FE
20% Others

In a Track/Race scenario, which is probably about 80% of all raid targets, TMO will win 90% of the time, because they are enormous, fully geared so they can leapfrog or pull through other raids with impunity, and have many motivated Trackers (because they stand to get the mob 90% of the time). This is not Classic. There were no races to the mobs, because mobs weren't on Variance. They had an exact timer. So here we have a snowball effect where the largest guilds gain a hugely disproportional amount of the raid targets because of Variance.

I am so fucking disappointed in you Kriss.
This is the worst fucking math I've ever seen and it's no wonder you have no clue how the things you want will actually turn out.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:29 PM
Sarnak

Let's get a GM to mine the database and tell us all the number of people tagged in each guild, and their levels.

Really, I'd just love to know how many level 60's are in each of the top raiding guilds.

Now I bet those would be interesting!
Old 02-15-2013, 07:03 PM
Banned

Autotune: "Hay gize 30 out of 100 doesn't ekwal 30%! Yer math is sew dum!1"

So laughable dude. lol
Old 02-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feanan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's get a GM to mine the database and tell us all the number of people tagged in each guild, and their levels.

Really, I'd just love to know how many level 60's are in each of the top raiding guilds.

Now I bet those would be interesting!
http://p1999pop.dmsimard.com/

No it's not perfect. But it's probably pretty damn close.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissdu64 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you're saying that TMO have equal numbers with BDA, and BDA + FE are more than TMO. Let me remind you the point of your post :

"This would remove the unnatural advantages that the larger guilds have over smaller ones to Track raid targets. Additionally, it would bring the server MUCH closer to a Classic ruleset."

At least you were right at one point : TMO does win because they're good at what they do, and not because of their numbers. This advantage will always exist, this is obvious... EQ can't limit the amount of players per targets, removing variance won't change this fact.
What about this do you not get? Do you really think those numbers were taken from an actual Trakanon poopsock? This is what is known as an example. When one group has 30% of the total amount of players at the poopsock, they mathematically have a 30% chance to obtain FTE. It's hard to explain it any simpler than this.

When players are forced to Track to get targets, due to Variance, which is a wholly manufactured mechanic exclusive to P99, the biggest guild with the most gear gets the targets 90% of the time. If you paid attention in school, you will see that is a whole lot more than exactly equal chances per population at a poopsock. A poopsock which usually goes on for hours thanks to Variance, completely WASTING everyone's time. Removing Variance with patch days would turn poopsocking into racing for raid targets, as everyone and their grandmother purport to enjoy.

We do not want Variance removed to screw over TMO; we want Variance removed so that endgame will be fair for all raiders at all times. That was the way it worked in Classic Everquest and it's the way it should be here.
Last edited by Slave; 02-15-2013 at 07:16 PM..
Old 02-16-2013, 07:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissdu64 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sorry... I fail
At least you are honest. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Seriously though, simulated patches (full server mob repop) and set spawn timers would solve many many more problems than they would create.

Still need to find a solution to this FTE bullshit though, I hope someone realizes that Dain/Tormax/Yelinak are going to be impossible to hand items to on Velious.
Last edited by Kagatob; 02-16-2013 at 07:07 AM..
Old 02-16-2013, 07:05 AM
Planar Protector

Removing variance would make poopsocks happen for every mob in game, the poopsock would just be shorter is all.

All you have to so is go to sky when dojo is due to spawn and you will see what a mob spawn looks like without variance.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:21 AM
Planar Protector

As someone who spent 18 months leading their own guild on p99 with intentions of casual progression I can honestly say no smaller or semi casual raiding guild stands a chance at progressing through content at a fair pace.

Sure they will clear hate, fear, sky...but in order to even stand a chance at killing any bosses you need to batphone, camp a force at the mob, and have a dedicated raiding crew who will log on at any time of day.

I highly doubt removal of variance would change that at all, in fact I think it would do more harm to the smaller casual raiding guilds. I'm just making observations based on my personal experiences here. If the people who feel the raiding scene on p99 is stagnant and unbalanced, then my suggestion would be to band together and form a new guild.

I have seen many quality guilds come and go here because they are unwilling to sell out in the way the higher end raiders have and due to their unwillingness to adapt. I think if divinity, taken, full circle, bda, and whatever other smaller mid tier raiders are around banded together and refined their ways they would find themselves in a much better position to kill the boss mobs they want.

Sadly on an emulated server guilds who wish to progress without dedicating unrealistic amounts of time to it they must have the numbers to support that goal without their core group getting burnt out.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:28 AM
Planar Protector

Don't mean to bunch guilds together or label them in a certain way either, I'm just being honest and trying to make a point.

Forceful entry is shaping up to be a good guild, we have had much success so far by sticking to our guns and working together to achieve a common goal. Forceful entry is made up of mostly smallee groups of people who all came from different guilds, seeking to progress while raiding and have fun doing it.

So far we have done just that, and although starting off we may have had our different roots and backgrounds, we came together and became good friends in the process of having lots of fun. I hope that these posts make sense to atleast some of you.
Closed Thread