Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 07:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As someone who spent 18 months leading their own guild on p99 with intentions of casual progression I can honestly say no smaller or semi casual raiding guild stands a chance at progressing through content at a fair pace.

Sure they will clear hate, fear, sky...but in order to even stand a chance at killing any bosses you need to batphone, camp a force at the mob, and have a dedicated raiding crew who will log on at any time of day.

I highly doubt removal of variance would change that at all, in fact I think it would do more harm to the smaller casual raiding guilds. I'm just making observations based on my personal experiences here. If the people who feel the raiding scene on p99 is stagnant and unbalanced, then my suggestion would be to band together and form a new guild.
This is the key phrase there, and I agree with you on that key phrase. Simply removing variance will not help the situation outside of making the poopsocking FTE bs durations much much shorter, however removing the variance in addition to adding simulated semi-random server resets that include respawn of all raid mobs will solve the bulk of these problems without creating any new ones.

TMO will still kill their VP mobs once a week like they do anyway, but everyone else will have an even shot at the mobs every reset because every guild will have to prioritize raid encounters individually, and no guild (even TMO) can be everywhere at once.

Aside from that, FTE policy also needs to be eradicated. It's not working now and it will be even more detrimental in Velious.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

Remove variance and allow training of poopsocks.

Please.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

Meh we just had a repop day and tmo still got most of the targets.

Fte isn't the problem so much as the training, socking, and lawyering that comes with it.

If anything there needs to be a dynamic spawn system. For example trak pops and dies, his repop timer will be switched at random to 3 days( +/- 12, 24, 48, 96) randomly at time of death. That way no one knows which window the mobs on, and tracking mobs requires even more effort.

Would make for more fair and less predictable spawns.
Also no one ever addresses the fact that p99 is way over saturated with high end items due to an extended timeline, so maybe more variance and longer windows would benefit the server in the long run.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meh we just had a repop day and tmo still got most of the targets.

Fte isn't the problem so much as the training, socking, and lawyering that comes with it.

If anything there needs to be a dynamic spawn system. For example trak pops and dies, his repop timer will be switched at random to 3 days( +/- 12, 24, 48, 96) randomly at time of death. That way no one knows which window the mobs on, and tracking mobs requires even more effort.

Would make for more fair and less predictable spawns.
Also no one ever addresses the fact that p99 is way over saturated with high end items due to an extended timeline, so maybe more variance and longer windows would benefit the server in the long run.
no variance and poopsock nuking > all that.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remove variance and allow training of poopsocks.

Please.
This would still be superior to what is currently in place. Yes.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

Advocating poopsocking to increase your share....

It's the way of the world.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

It'd be nice if we could play test these ideas and actually see what happens without making assumptions or hypotheticals. Velious is still a ways away, two weeks to try an idea out would be a drop in the bucket. I can understand that coding, recoding and uncoding that often would be a pain though.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

too many players for this content.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:20 PM
Banned

I read these responses and I can only shake my head sadly and chuckle. You're all so very dumb. lol
Old 02-16-2013, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

solution is simple, goto red if you wanna do content on project 1999.