Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 03:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
forum tags
Old 02-14-2013, 02:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanknspank [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have such a fool-proof method please get in touch with [every MMO company out there], I'm sure they'll all line up to pay for it considering the amount of resources and manpower needed to get much less reliable results in catching bots.
Doesnt catch bots just boxers

and I'm not entirely sure its legal anyways.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:03 AM
Kobold

Most farmers who use bots use a bunch of them at a time. So detecting large multibox operations would narrow down the pool of clients to investigate a lot. Unfortunately since the end user has full control over the hardware/software/OS of the client it's impossible to protect any .dll/.exe from being neutralized.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:31 AM
Kobold

This is pretty delusion stuff about dll files to detect multiboxing.
This is sony's client we are using, and they didnt care about multiboxing, so where does the dll come from.
Perhaps someppl think the p1999 devs hav access to the source code of the client and spent their time making something something to detect multiple instances of a client. Yeah suuuure.
Remember there's no dll's downloaded to make eq titanium compatible with p1999, or modified exe' to make use of this mythical dll.
And of course be totally defeated by anyone with multiple PC's.

sheesh.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladesch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is sony's client we are using, and they didnt care about multiboxing, so where does the dll come from.
Perhaps someppl think the p1999 devs hav access to the source code of the client and spent their time making something something to detect multiple instances of a client. Yeah suuuure.
Remember there's no dll's downloaded to make eq titanium compatible with p1999, or modified exe' to make use of this mythical dll.

sheesh.
Read the forums much?
Old 02-19-2013, 10:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladesch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

sheesh.

If I was more motivated I'd draw an MS-paint picture of an ostrich sticking its head in the sand. Everyone who plays on P1999 has to patch the client; one of the files you replace is dsetup.dll. Anyone who wants to take a few seconds can check this for himself by checking the contents of the recent patch files linked in the news section. Since I'm nice I'll provide you with an out; perhaps you use the automatic launcher and don't pay attention to what it does to the client?

At the time this modified .dll was originally added to P1999, it was fairly well known to the folks playing then that it did some fairly shady things. It also played havoc with anti-virus programs. I don't know what changes have been made to it since then.

Danth
Old 02-19-2013, 10:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I was more motivated I'd draw an MS-paint picture of an ostrich sticking its head in the sand. Everyone who plays on P1999 has to patch the client; one of the files you replace is dsetup.dll. Anyone who wants to take a few seconds can check this for himself by checking the contents of the recent patch files linked in the news section. Since I'm nice I'll provide you with an out; perhaps you use the automatic launcher and don't pay attention to what it does to the client?

At the time this modified .dll was originally added to P1999, it was fairly well known to the folks playing then that it did some fairly shady things. It also played havoc with anti-virus programs. I don't know what changes have been made to it since then.

Danth
still have to disable nod32 to patch because of this file
Closed Thread