Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 05:08 PM
Kobold

Default Rolled a mage with my wife and...

Many of you know me on my main, Infuriati. A lot also know my wife plays (barely), so we can enjoy gaming together. But today while in oasis someone accused us of boxing, and petitioned. Thats fine because we have absolutely nothing to hide. But after being petitioned the gm claims to have seen her autofollowing me, and simultaneous casting...which is an absolute lie.Now again, I'm not worried about it because after their investigation they will realize everything is good, but I just wanted to give all those who enjoy gaming with their partners a heads up. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

Morterapido and Morterapida
Old 02-09-2013, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

So you got busted for 2 boxing and came here to try and cover it up eh?
Old 02-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

heads up about what exactly?
Old 02-09-2013, 05:17 PM
Kobold

Busted? No sir. Im still in game if you want to send me a tell.

Heads up that gaming with your partner can look like boxing.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:37 PM
Sarnak

How would that look any more like boxing than any other duo? Besides the similar names.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Orc

Don't play togeather and go AFK or Sirken will ban you. If you don't respond in 60 second he'll say you are both logged on the same computer and you are tabbing between you and your wife. So don't go AFK Siken the Unjust P99 God will BAN you both.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:30 PM
Sarnak

One of the great things about duoing especially with a close friend/partner is that one player can be lazy if he/she wishes....let people play the fu*king game the way they want!

Why would you petition someone for supposedly boxing when you have no real clue what the scenario is.

And you CANT prove someone is or is not boxing because they dont respond to your tell within 60 seconds, thats strait up stupid.

Hope this clears for you OP.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alovia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just want to say to people we look into boxing pretty extensivly before taking action. That being said, we are human to, and make mistakes. If your accused of boxing, then you need to be able to prove it to us. Autofollowing is a huge red flag.

I play with my husband so I understand frustration.
Im surprised auto follow is a basis of accusation, considering this tool is classic and most people use it. MY GF included who is fucking lazy and plays with me on occasion in the same house. lol

I must say though, that choosing similar names probably put you at a higher risk of being falsely petitioned.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah, assuming auto follow is a sign of two boxing seems pretty silly to me. When I'm grouped with somebody on my bard I almost always auto follow them while we run.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokesteve [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im surprised auto follow is a basis of accusation, considering this tool is classic and most people use it. MY GF included who is fucking lazy and plays with me on occasion in the same house. lol

I must say though, that choosing similar names probably put you at a higher risk of being falsely petitioned.
I agree with autofollowing being suspect to abuse, but when my gf plays, she almost always autofollows here and did on live because she doesn't play too often and doesn't know the zones. It's more of a, "Here you drive honey. I'll play your little game with you when we get to where we need to go," type of thing.

Just my two copper pieces.
Closed Thread