Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 01:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not impressed. We've actually received almost no threads in petition forum about the dupe since I started this thread. I'm beginning to think it's another Toop scare tactic.
Yeah i guess, just kinda happened to me my accident, i put a petition in about it. Not if its gonna make fruit grow but aye...jus lettin ya know. Its all about timing, and i aint no master duper or anything.

Just managed to double my plat.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecompte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Confirmed guilty.
EDIT: Posting my evidence. He has Vibrating Gauntlets of Infuse. Must be duped.
I wrote a limerick as further proof

There once was a dorf named Halmir,
who wanted to hit things with a hammer,
He mouse miss clicked,
found himself a cleric,
and wound up being a scammer.

Figure my limerick is just as good of proof as all these random accusations.
Last edited by lecompte; 07-24-2013 at 01:24 PM..
Old 07-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Banned

Rampant duping and leveling exploits ran free for 3 years but a wipe is out of the question?
Old 07-24-2013, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

You don't wipe a beta test just because there are bugs and dupes found. And my theory is thats all this is. Once Nilbog has everything dialed in the velious is stale he will launch a 2nd server that is progression and on the classic timeline. And he will play finally.

I just cant see him spending years of his life coding for random neckbeards without having a end game in mind.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

I've read numerous posters saying "Wipe it clean". I'm unfamiliar with such matters, so I have a few questions involving it.

What would be wiped? Character loot drops of high value? Which ones? Or are we talking about a full server-wide purge of ALL items on every created character? If that could be explained, it would be great. Or if we are talking about a server rollback, I understand what happens there but I'm curious to what depth it would be taken.

Next up - what would it accomplish? How would this measure discourage Real Money Transactions and the people behind them from duping stuff again? Because that's the heart of the matter. Planning to discourage this for the server's future is of paramount importance.

Thanks for what answers you might have. I'm trying not to come off as sounding negative. I really am just curious.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Fire Giant

Stop trying to turn this thread into a shitfest about server wipes. Plenty of other garbage troll threads about them that you can bump if you want to talk about that.

Lock this shit down and sticky a new thread with just the OP.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've read numerous posters saying "Wipe it clean". I'm unfamiliar with such matters, so I have a few questions involving it.

What would be wiped? Character loot drops of high value? Which ones? Or are we talking about a full server-wide purge of ALL items on every created character? If that could be explained, it would be great. Or if we are talking about a server rollback, I understand what happens there but I'm curious to what depth it would be taken.

Next up - what would it accomplish? How would this measure discourage Real Money Transactions and the people behind them from duping stuff again? Because that's the heart of the matter. Planning to discourage this for the server's future is of paramount importance.

Thanks for what answers you might have. I'm trying not to come off as sounding negative. I really am just curious.
wipe it clean means a complete restart. Wiping all characters, and items.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wipe it clean
Old 07-24-2013, 01:52 PM
Fire Giant

Why would they wipe the server before Velious is released? Doesn't make any sense.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would they wipe the server before Velious is released? Doesn't make any sense.
If they wiped it now, by the time we were that far into the timeline, we still wouldn't have Velious. So it wouldn't hurt the wait for Velious.