Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portasaurus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bump for a safer, gentler EC Tunnel!
If you did auctioneering in NFP, skeletons would be a moot point.

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 10-05-2015, 09:29 PM
Developer

Indifferent decaying skeleton - PoP Era Al'Kabor in Innothule Swamp

[Mon Feb 25 22:21:14 2013] a decaying skeleton regards you indifferently -- You could probably win this fight.
[Mon Feb 25 22:21:19 2013] fungus man tracker scowls at you, ready to attack -- You could probably win this fight.
[Mon Feb 25 22:21:26 2013] a froglok fisherman glowers at you dubiously -- You could probably win this fight.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:43 PM
Developer

Submited by: Salamandar, Wood Elf Ranger On: 10/8/1999 2:26:40 AM
Decaying skeletons does not attack
unprovoked in Greater Feydark.
But they support other skeletons in battle.

http://web.archive.org/web/200012060...=show&BID=1657

I think this is plausible:

Indifferent (w/ Social Aggro)*
Innothule Swamp
North Qeynos
Qeynos Hills
Toxxulia Forest
Everfrost
Greater Faydark
West Freeport
East Freeport
Misty Thicket
Northern Ro
East Commonlands

KOS**
Field of Bone
Nektulos Forest

*I'm unsure about Feerrott. I would lean toward indifferent because it is similar to Innothule Swamp.
**Decaying skeletons above level 1-2, such as those found in Steamfont, are not related and should remain KoS.
Last edited by Telin; 10-15-2015 at 12:09 AM..
Old 10-15-2015, 01:28 AM
Planar Protector

While it's only my "memory" I played on release a dark elf and distinctly remember decaying skeletons being non kos. Man the game was so much fun back then.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:31 AM
Planar Protector

Oddly enough I do remember them being KOS. No proof, though.

Tangentially related: black wolves in Greater Faydark should be threatening to all but druids and rangers. I remember being attacked constantly on my HE cleric by these guys in the beginning, but they weren't totally KOS like orc pawns. No faction changes even if I killed a bunch of them. When I played a ranger briefly, I was amazed to find they liked me.

http://web.archive.org/web/200005031...show&BID=78527

Quote:
"LOOT: Ruined Wolf Pelt, Black Wolf Fur, Chunk of Meat, Wolf Meat. These guys are pretty easy, but they dont turn totally KOS. Only if you get to close to them will they turn hostile on you, I dont see them gang up much though. Pretty good exp for newbies.”
--Submited by: Zeera On: 04/24/2000 2:03:25 PM
Also, all newbie area bats should glower dubiously...some of them con indifferent, which is incorrect.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 10-15-2015, 04:47 AM
Kobold

FWIW, I also recall decaying skeletons being non-kos as a young dark elf at release in 1999.

Actually, this bug was the most striking negative aspect of my first impression of p99 when I started on the server. Of course, it is a minor concern, but it irked me that something I felt to be so fundamental to the initial eq experience was bugged. I spent so much time derping around nektulos as a 10 year old that those little guys left a lasting impression. I even remember pondering explanations as to why the two skeleton types behaved differently. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-15-2015, 05:26 PM
Developer

I also remember being surprised in 1999 when a normal skeleton attacked and killed me in nek forest, because I was used to running right by decaying skeletons which would not attack me. I think that the agro range could have just been very small on them.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alunova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also remember being surprised in 1999 when a normal skeleton attacked and killed me in nek forest, because I was used to running right by decaying skeletons which would not attack me. I think that the agro range could have just been very small on them.
No they were most definitely 100% not KOS. I only have my memory like everyone else, but my memory is fucking amazing when it comes to this game. If I had my old videos and screenshots I could prove it, but they weren't KOS anywhere EXCEPT for field of bone. Like others, this was the first major bug I noticed upon my first time logging into p99 years back.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:50 PM
Developer

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-15-2015, 07:14 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by P99Enchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No they were most definitely 100% not KOS. I only have my memory like everyone else, but my memory is fucking amazing when it comes to this game. If I had my old videos and screenshots I could prove it, but they weren't KOS anywhere EXCEPT for field of bone. Like others, this was the first major bug I noticed upon my first time logging into p99 years back.
That is what I said.

I clearly remember the normal skeletons attacking me because I was used to the decaying skeletons not attacking me.
Closed Thread