Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

Default Totemic armor.. When?

Is 34 a good time to start questing for totemic? I happened to pick up obe of those nodrop griffene feathers on a random corpse and it made me wonder if its time to give it a go
Old 06-12-2017, 11:40 AM
Aviak

I'll shamelessly post these which might help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgXr...OJhyfn5IbgUeEk
Old 06-12-2017, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

This may not be a popular opinion, but my advice is never.

The +5 to Dex (or whatever you'd get from a particular totemic piece) will make no difference whatsoever in how fast you level ... but it will take several hours of your time that could have been spent leveling. In theory you could acquire all of the drops while leveling, taking no extra time, but in practice that's unlikely since they're spread all over the place. And even if you do acquire all the drops at your level you'll still need to spend several hours just to earn the plat to buy the Dufrenite, and then you'll need to spend time to run out to Lake Rathe on top of that.

So, depending on your leveling speed and how long it takes you to quest a particular Totemic piece, you're looking at getting a useless +5 Dex vs. getting maybe a quarter or half of a level, and to me the quarter/half of a level is much more valuable.

Later on, when you're higher level and can earn plat more easily, you can simply buy Totemic pieces ... if you still want them (more likely than not you'll be seeking better stuff like Jaundiced Bone armor by then).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-12-2017 at 11:50 AM..
Old 06-12-2017, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Good point. Perhaps its worth skipping
Old 06-12-2017, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

I wonder how much Rygorr goes for ;D
Old 06-13-2017, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

I had fun doing the classic armor quests on my toons. The armor isn't worth the time from a power standpoint - but if you enjoy stuff like this it is well worth doing.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 06-13-2017, 01:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder how much Rygorr goes for ;D
If you are looking for 'DIY' style EQ, you might actually be at a good level to grab a slightly higher level tank and some friends to camp out the orc fort yourself.

Dark Ember, a fairly decent priest 1hb, drops there in addition to rygorr stuff.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

Ah, I'm not 34 yet, but at 34 planning to search harder around for good stuff since its a nice power curve for shaman. Only 23 right now but I'm shooting up very fast