Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait i thought phinny pop. was so robust?
That is what I gathered from BDA TRUTH, the fact is Chest was trying to recruit, there was just nobody to actually recruit. BDA TRUTH also revealed the new recruits were what you would expect for leftover players, casuals and burnouts who can't raid more than 2 times a week which definitely doesn't get you anywhere from PoP to Omens progression while bleeding fully flagged/geared members.

This puts a whole different lens on Swish posts.

Was the pop really plummeting to the point Chest made BDA trip and fall down a couple flights of stairs, breaking both legs?

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 10-05-2017, 06:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bda_truth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This was sent to me and asked to be posted anonymously:

the guild started dying in pop. chest knew nothing about the expansion, did zero research, would spend every raid having everyone tell him every little bit of every fight or progression.

mid-pop (ldon) chest moved across the country for some lady with kids and quit leading the guild but refusing to allow anyone to make any changes that might help keep the guild stay alive or survive on phinny

god launches and chest wasn't even around. the super casual base chest had let to start take over couldn't even attend 2-3 days of raids in a row to get flags so we always needed to backflag. when chest did show up he once again had no idea what was going on, constantly whined that any fight that wasn't tank-and-spank was "gimmicky" and "stupid", and was generally just lost and refused to do anything but have people spoon feed him info, just like 95% of the rest of the guild

raids were a wreck of everyone arguing, no discipline, starting 30-45 mins late at best, and loot council giving gear to super casual players over high playtime because the guild became almost all casual players with gear so shitty they couldn't take an ae. wipes take forever to recover, people afk constantly, people don't even put any effort into their gear unless the raid hands it to them. we had like 25 steady raiders.

mid-god we lost the officer who was leading our god progression, then a lot of other high playtime people bailed to join him over the next few weeks. our steady raiders shrank even more, while chest still refused to even admit there was a problem

we never cleared all of txevu in one night (some mobs we never beat even once), we only killed tunat a handful of times. i think txevu main boss we only killed like once or twice?

come oow launch, we can't even get through trials, people aren't even trying to get thier signets (only a couple did). more of our ever-shrinking high playtime people left to other guilds, like relb. chest still refuses to admit there's a problem or that we need to change how we run things. instead just says "oh lets recruit more"

next week we were dead

basically chest killed the guild by not just refusing to actually be a leader, but by cock-blocking anyone else from leading it too. lazy asshole who didn't even want to be there, but his ego was so huge he refused to let anyone else who knew what the fuck they were talking about even try anything new

i'm glad it's finally dead so i can move on to a guild that actually has a fucking leader that has a clue what they're doing
Oh god that's so spot on.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

BDA should be ashamed for not playing a game they no longer want to play.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:36 PM
Kobold

Oh theres some things in here that sure ring true, believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bda_truth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the guild started dying in pop. chest knew nothing about the expansion, did zero research, would spend every raid having everyone tell him every little bit of every fight or progression.

mid-pop (ldon) chest moved across the country for some lady with kids and quit leading the guild but refusing to allow anyone to make any changes that might help keep the guild stay alive or survive on phinny
Sounds like Chest was simply bored of EQ but hated the idea of someone else leading BDA. That's kind of weird in a way - Chest didn't found BDA, there's no reason it couldn't change leaders again.

Quote:
constantly whined that any fight that wasn't tank-and-spank was "gimmicky" and "stupid"
To be fair they ARE gimmicky and stupid. WoW did gimmick raids much better (though even there I hated them), in EQ they just feel awful.

Quote:
raids were a wreck of everyone arguing, no discipline, starting 30-45 mins late at best, and loot council giving gear to super casual players over high playtime because the guild became almost all casual players with gear so shitty they couldn't take an ae. wipes take forever to recover, people afk constantly, people don't even put any effort into their gear unless the raid hands it to them.
Super casuals in a nutshell. Actually, Live servers in a nutshell. Especially the afk part. In any group of six on any DBG server, expect one to be afk at all times, with a second afk more likely than not. It's not even remotely unheard of for everyone but the tank and puller be afk at the same time. None of them will be announced, of course. These aren't "twenty seconds to let the dog out" afks either, people will just leave the keyboard for half an hour or more at a time. It's so awful! People go in for loot after spending entire raids afk at zoneline. Group or raid, these super casuals just show up and expect to get gear, contribution be damned. These people didn't get in any kind of raiding guild back in the day; their reputations precluded it. Today is a different story.

Quote:
mid-god we lost the officer who was leading our god progression, then a lot of other high playtime people bailed to join him over the next few weeks. our steady raiders shrank even more, while chest still refused to even admit there was a problem
In Eve we called this a failure cascade. A corp or alliance starts to lose, or stops doing fun things, a few people leave, which makes it lose more and do less, which makes more people leave, before you know it a critical point passes and everyone scatters to the winds and the corp/alliance (guild) disintegrates. It can happen slowly but it can happen very fast too.

If it makes BDA feel any better this is something being faced by every guild not in the top three or four on Phinny. The top guilds poach to maintain the numbers they need, and because you're out of PoP/LDoN, there aren't numbers from the casual base to replace them in the mid tier anymore (and the ones you do get are grossly inferior players). This was all predicted early on, of course - it happened on every progression server.

Quote:
come oow launch, we can't even get through trials, people aren't even trying to get thier signets (only a couple did). more of our ever-shrinking high playtime people left to other guilds, like relb. chest still refuses to admit there's a problem or that we need to change how we run things.
Most likely long past the point of no return anyways.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Tofu’s version is accurate, other one isn’t. My lifetime Phinny attendance was 94% (548/583) so it’s kind of hard for me to some absent guild leader lol. I had fun on Phinny, we cleared everything through GoD, killed Tacvi and Tunat weekly once we were flagged. I ran a very casual ship by design to be inclusive and some people’s priorities changed during that time and they moved on to more hardcore outfits. Is what it is.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:43 PM
Kobold

Confirmed class R casuals.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w6m-nhUcos

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tofu’s version is accurate, other one isn’t. My lifetime Phinny attendance was 94% (548/583) so it’s kind of hard for me to some absent guild leader lol. I had fun on Phinny, we cleared everything through GoD, killed Tacvi and Tunat weekly once we were flagged. I ran a very casual ship by design to be inclusive and some people’s priorities changed during that time and they moved on to more hardcore outfits. Is what it is.
confirmed Chest threw BDA down a flight of steps

Old 10-05-2017, 07:06 PM
Kobold

Blocked from BDA Discord. Man sure knows how to hold grudges [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-05-2017, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relbaic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blocked from BDA Discord. Man sure knows how to hold grudges [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chest can you let a brother live? Bury the hatchet.

Closed Thread