Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 02:18 PM
Sarnak

Default New P99 server? PLEASE I WANT CLASSIC

This is so far from classic at this point. We are no longer playing Everquest as we knew it. I was born in 86. I'll never forget the first time I saw Everquest. I started playing in '99. I made a Iksar necro and put all my points into STR and has to reroll at lvl 15. I rolled a wiz. My mom only let me play 1 hour a night. I hit 60 in like 2.5 years.

Can we please get another server that starts from the beginning so we can actually play this classic game the way it was meant to be played?

I made a bard a few weeks ago. Full lambent, full instrument set, nice weps, i've been one-shotting everything. I just want to play like it was back in 99- Level 20's and 30's running around with Fine Steel Long-swords and rusty armor.

Nilbog- Rogean - Sirken - Haynar - Kanras- Alunova - Telin - Aussie - Braknar - Chroma - Leontius - Llandris - Tanthalas

You all know that this version we are playing its not anywhere near classic. PLEASE let us go back to the days where Robe of the Oracle and Stein of Moggok are PIMP AS FUCK! Let us play a more challenging game. All of us. This has widdled down to end game Day After Tomorrow quest!

The market is saturated with Items and spells. Where are the days I could hit a new level and only be able to afford 10-20% of my spells? Every 60 shaman has torpor. The amount of Fungis is insane. level 5 warriors running around in full Cobalt with a Fungi. Gear is so plentiful they dont even use Wurmslayers anymore!

I know you guys were working on a pvp variation. That sounded cool! Bring back classic Blue Everquest! (start at Kunark though!) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sincerely,

Anyone who actually did and wants to play Classic Everquest.

Thank you!
Old 12-27-2017, 02:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrostoner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is so far from classic at this point. We are no longer playing Everquest as we knew it. I was born in 86. I'll never forget the first time I saw Everquest. I started playing in '99. I made a Iksar necro and put all my points into STR and has to reroll at lvl 15. I rolled a wiz. My mom only let me play 1 hour a night. I hit 60 in like 2.5 years.

Can we please get another server that starts from the beginning so we can actually play this classic game the way it was meant to be played?

I made a bard a few weeks ago. Full lambent, full instrument set, nice weps, i've been one-shotting everything. I just want to play like it was back in 99- Level 20's and 30's running around with Fine Steel Long-swords and rusty armor.

Nilbog- Rogean - Sirken - Haynar - Kanras- Alunova - Telin - Aussie - Braknar - Chroma - Leontius - Llandris - Tanthalas

You all know that this version we are playing its not anywhere near classic. PLEASE let us go back to the days where Robe of the Oracle and Stein of Moggok are PIMP AS FUCK! Let us play a more challenging game. All of us. This has widdled down to end game Day After Tomorrow quest!

The market is saturated with Items and spells. Where are the days I could hit a new level and only be able to afford 10-20% of my spells? Every 60 shaman has torpor. The amount of Fungis is insane. level 5 warriors running around in full Cobalt with a Fungi. Gear is so plentiful they dont even use Wurmslayers anymore!

I know you guys were working on a pvp variation. That sounded cool! Bring back classic Blue Everquest! (start at Kunark though!) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sincerely,

Anyone who actually did and wants to play Classic Everquest.

Thank you!
Classic, but start at Kunark? Also Kunark was release in 2000 so it would have been at least then when you make your ikky. But I agree with the rest of your post, however it would just turn into the asme thing, neckbears would rush to 50 and farm the crap out of N/V and high value camps (lguk)
Old 12-27-2017, 02:26 PM
Sarnak

<Classic, but start at Kunark?>

It was a joke.

Yeah the Ikky thing. The necro was the first toon I got above level 5 so I guess that was after 2000 lol. But I did start playing in 99.

Yeah, I agree about the neckbeard thing. Maybe this time they can do something about that though. But, there will always be someone willing to donate their lives to something you arent. Just because they get to where they want to be first doesnt mean you are losing.
Last edited by Necrostoner; 12-27-2017 at 02:30 PM..
Old 12-27-2017, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Here's a crazy idea. Don't twink yourself and just play with the drops you get? There is even a whole guild dedicated to this idea.
Old 12-27-2017, 02:32 PM
Sarnak

Whats the point of playing in full rusty if everyone else has Kunark, Planar, TOV gear at lvl 10? The point is classic Citizen1080 not how I gear my character.
Old 12-27-2017, 02:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrostoner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<Classic, but start at Kunark?>
But, there will always be someone willing to donate their lives to something you arent. Just because they get to where they want to be first doesnt mean you are losing.
That is totally true, but then I think we get into a discussion about locking down high value camps of which there was previously a thread about that. In theory it would be great if a bunch of nooblets could hit frenzy and get a a couple FBSS's that the melee's would actually use, then move on to another camp leaving it open for the next group. But I think since everyone knows everything about EQ/items/camps that we'll never see true classic. We can't unlearn everything we already know.

Instead of grouping and dungeon crawling for that awesome item, you're basically just grinding out levels and plat to buy stuff instead of adventuring.
Old 12-27-2017, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Whats the point of playing in full rusty if everyone else has Kunark, Planar, TOV gear at lvl 10? The point is classic Citizen1080 not how I gear my character.
Sound liberal logic
Old 12-27-2017, 02:45 PM
Fire Giant

The biggest classic experience was twinking your character and being able to level quick as hell and not have to group with people.
Old 12-27-2017, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

They can't start a new server till they finish the first one. simple as that.

aka Blue/Red still have content updates to roll out.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Why be concerned with what everyone else has? I played my first character to 40 on this server with crap gear and had a ton of fun.

We are the same age, I was also born in 86 and started in 99 (maybe 2000 after Kunark dropped, I don't remember precisely), and I never got above level 50. I also had a ton of nice / expensive pixels. My point being, I'm not sure your classic experience is the same experience everyone else had.
Closed Thread