Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 03:27 PM
Kobold

My brother got me playing in 2000 right around the time that Kunark dropped and really it isn't classic unless I'm looking over my brothers shoulder while he plays and then I play on my character for awhile and he gives me pointers about where I should go but then I was in high school at the time so I couldn't play as much as he could. When are they going to announce that with the new server they will have someone be your 'brother' and get you hooked on the game but I also want them to mind wipe me so I don't know what to expect like back in 2000 so I can run my troll warrior to Freeport on the suggestion of my brother and get freaked out by the huge spiders in south ro when i'm only level 4 trying to make it through. the giant spiders sometimes ruin the immersion though because of course if you see spiders in real life you realize they can't get that big and you can just step on them and they aren't as big a threat unless they are one of the venomous spiders in the world and you don't see them coming. I guess I would have to agree about not starting in Kunark but I think they shouldn't give in to peer pressure and go all the way to planes of power. Why
Old 12-27-2017, 03:30 PM
Fire Giant

The first time you play P99 .... it is totally classic. You start a new character, you have 0pp, you have no friends (unless you are starting P99 and have friends who give you shit, i.e. not classic)

Your first character should be total classic experience.... I play my cleric this way. I am lvl 57 after 3 years on this server, I take 4-5month breaks every so often and come back when I Feel like diving back in. My cleric has like 14k plat, missing tons of spells, lucky enough to get some thurg gear out of a kael raid..... then I can twink some other characters if I want, but that toon is classic to a tee.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why be concerned with what everyone else has? I played my first character to 40 on this server with crap gear and had a ton of fun.

We are the same age, I was also born in 86 and started in 99 (maybe 2000 after Kunark dropped, I don't remember precisely), and I never got above level 50. I also had a ton of nice / expensive pixels. My point being, I'm not sure your classic experience is the same experience everyone else had.
Its the feel of the gameplay. If you tried to tank Seb king in full rusty you with a cleric in full TOV gear you would have a much different experience than with a tank in full TOV gear and cleric in rusty. Even more so with both players in full rusty. OR in this case everyone in full rusty (the whole group).

But your nice expensive pixels back then were probable FBR/Stein of moggok/Wurmslayer etc not FUNGI tunic, epic, Rod of Annihilation, JBB, Torpor 100% of class spells everytime you hit level, like it is now. right?

I didnt bring this post up to talk about my personal experiences it was a reflection, or how one can just "pretend like it was when it was classic" - When its already supposed to be classic...
Old 12-27-2017, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Normally I respond to these sorts of posts from new people with a quick explanation of Blue and Green. But after reading that unappreciative entitled whining I think the correct response is simply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why be concerned with what everyone else has?
This server took a LOT of work, from a LOT of people. You listed some of them:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrostoner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nilbog- Rogean - Sirken - Haynar - Kanras- Alunova - Telin - Aussie - Braknar - Chroma - Leontius - Llandris - Tanthalas
but there have also been lots more who are no longer active. All of them have invested more of their own time making the 100% free server that you get to play on than you have even spent playing on it. But who cares? You can't have exactly what you want, so all those people should build something new for you.

Never mind that Bob told you exactly what you need to do get what you want:

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's a crazy idea. Don't twink yourself and just play with the drops you get? There is even a whole guild dedicated to this idea.
But no, because someone else has some people have virtual treasures you don't ([You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) all thirteen current staff members should drop what they are doing and spin up a new server for you. Not because there's anything wrong with the current server, or because you can't play in a classic environment (as Bob even noted, there's an entire large guild of people doing exactly that), or because a "fresh" server will never come. No, you need a new server, and you need it now, because other people have stuff you don't!

GTFO.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-27-2017 at 03:39 PM..
Old 12-27-2017, 03:33 PM
Fire Giant

Server was fun when everyone was praying for bronze drops and rolling on gladius' in unrest on their mains. Server is still fun when 2/3rds of your mistmoore group is wearing a fungi, just in a different way.

I am looking forward to the huge culture shock for the current populace when we get to play on a classic server that both resembles live in mechanics and population level, and the inevitable creative grouping opportunities that result of it.

/shout Lake Rathetear gnolls group now accepting healers for wait list.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Will it be classic when the new server gets to the same point?
Old 12-27-2017, 03:38 PM
Aviak

I just play to play, I have OK gear for my level and everytime I save up a few 100 plat I pretty much blow it on ports. So Im just playing for the adventure, every now and then someone will offer me some old item they had for cheap or free, sometimes it's a little better and I buy it or take it.

I have a few packs full of some looted stuff I try to sell when Im running through EC, but I dont sit in EC I generall send an /auc once or twice while running through the zone and if someone wants to buy I sell., or if I see some gear piece at a price I can afford (which isnt much) Ill buy it.

But at the end of the day Im just hanging out killing stuff, exploring zones and enjoying the gameplay. To the point where I almost ran out of plat buying my level 22 spells.

Bazlekar - 30 [Dark Elf SHD]
Old 12-27-2017, 03:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well ideally we would be here without the server being ruined by toon sales fueling a toxic raid scene and a million years of kunark so likely yes it would be much closer than what we currently have

if anyone can't compromise what's currently available just wait until what you want is
Old 12-27-2017, 03:39 PM
Sarnak

Loramin its "dont let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out" If your gunna use it at least use it right dude.

IF you honestly thin this server is just fine as it is as "a classic experience" you dont know what the fuck classic was like.

This hit you right in feels huh dude? haha Not afraid to voice my opinion. I feel its not classic and would like a more classic server. You think that makes me entitled and ungrateful? Meh, thats your opinion.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes and no. The classic timeline will mean that Kunark only lasts a year (or however long it lasted on live). You won't have everyone and their brother wearing a fungi because there won't even be that many on the entire server when Velious comes out.

But at the same time, this is the P99 crowd. People will be using the commons cap, midnight mallets, OT hammers, etc. as soon as they are released. And the neckbeards of the server will be farming manastones and such the moment it's possible for a human to level to 50 (3 days after launch?). So in that sense the cat is out of the bag and we will never have an experience truly like classic ... unless Pantheon or some other new game provides it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread