Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 03:59 AM
Fire Giant

Default calling on the pro chanters

You only have that many slots. Want to hear what spells you mem and why. If you can address the following please do, and please elaborate on the reasoning.

1. What spell in #1 slot? (for fast recast)
2. How many single mez spells do you mem?
3. Should one always have mem blur on?
4. Should one always have are stun on, if yes how many, and which level stuns?
5. Do you mem root?
6. Do you mem both mesmerorization (ae mez) and level 4 mez?
Old 01-08-2018, 04:00 AM
Fire Giant

It Depends
Old 01-08-2018, 05:59 AM
Planar Protector

I have single target mez but a strong case can be made for a root spell or even using it as a swap slot for buffing etc.

In normal situations, just 1. In places like fungi king or PoH 2nd floor, most of the time I have just one single mez spell loaded (GoK for example), and use only that.

Mez spells already mem blur to an extent, especially pre-lvl40. I don't usually mem a blur spell unless I know I'm gonna need it (soloing your way around wacky places or blurring a tough mob after mez/debuff in group/raid situations so you don't get eaten alive when the mez breaks).

I always have my best stun memmed, the highest level one (longer duration), unless in a zone where stun is useless (ToV, Kael..). In these places you usually have mostly buffs memmed anyway.

5. Do you mem root?

Pretty much always.

Always, unless you know ae mez is no good in this spot (ie: lower seb, BM).

Of course this doesn't apply to raids where you usually only mem buffs and wait for it to be over. Also, at lower levels spell slot real estate isn't as scarce as at higher levels, when you get mana tap spells which you want to always have memmed in the right zones since they have a very long recast. That eats up a spell slot.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:37 AM
Kobold

I recommend watching tecmos' videos for enchanter tactics. You'll see which spells are useful to always have and which can be swapped out on the go
Old 01-08-2018, 09:48 AM
Fire Giant

which level root spell do u use at 60?
Old 01-08-2018, 09:49 AM
Fire Giant

how do u lose aggro when a mob charges at u and u need the mob to aggro ur pet or groupmate?
Old 01-08-2018, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how do u lose aggro when a mob charges at u and u need the mob to aggro ur pet or groupmate?
Root (at 60 use fetter), mez, mem blur.

Dying [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-08-2018, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

Charm, buffs, slow, root, level 4 mezz, enthrall, Glamour of Kintaz, mesmerization, or fascination.

One with AoE or two without AoE.

When facing monsters level 51 and or higher.

2 Stuns starting at level 52+ Color Slant and Color Skew as an back up stun for either initial resists or dealing with additional monsters.

5. Do you mem root?
When facing non summoning monster or parking my pet temporarily to blur.

When facing monsters with 7k and or less hit points and or with 2+ enchanters present.
Last edited by Nybras; 01-08-2018 at 01:44 PM..
Old 01-08-2018, 09:08 PM
Banned

the loadout that pretty much got me to 55 solo was this:

note: i could absolutely hit 60 soloing in HS and even seb, but i'm so tired of grinding that i doubt i'll play enc seriously again

1. Damage absorb line (berserker spirit, etc). Being able to keep this up in bad situations keeps your hp from going down. it's way easier to get back that mana than to get back that hp.

2. I like to have up AE mez and then a cheap single target mez depending on the fight durations. usually your level 4 mez is great, enthrall is a good choice for longer duration

3. You can mem blur with your low level mez spells. Level 4 mez has something like a 33% chance to mem blur so back the fuck up and try that first.

4. fucking keep stun up at all times yes.

5. yes I almost always have root up. it's very dangerous not to. You'll want to be throwing out roots in every fight while soloing so that in case your pet breaks you are only getting attacked by 1 mob. The worst is when you're tyring to re-root your enemy and pet breaks. But that shit happens. Root will save your ass in a pinch, man. It's worth noting that your lowest level root is often the one you should use.

6. I do now. I used to not use AE mez and it definitely killed a couple group members when I couldn't lock down the accidental pack of mobs that fell on us.

The core spells I keep up at almost all times:

#1 Non-Rune Damage Absorber
#2 Stun
#3 Mez
#4 AE mez
#5 tends to be a swap slot where I often will run a Nuke, Haste, or Slow
#6 Root
#7 Tash
#8 High mana spells like Gate, Rune, etc. If I feel confident in my camp i'll keep a slow here and nuke on #5 sometimes.

I rarely keep up gate because I almost always have time to mem it. Or I just fucking run to zoneline.

Last note on haste and slows... once you've been charming in a zone for a while you'll get a general feel for how strong each mob is. It's often more mana efficient to hit your pet with a haste and the enemy mob with a slow, rather than have to break your pet when enemy NPC is at 40% hp then burn him down with 4-5 crappy chanter nukes (this is if you cannot charm a mob of equal strength to the one you're going to have to kill, say you charm a strong green to fight a dark blue). In my 50s I got pretty good at accurately choosing the varietal and low-mana options of haste/slow combo which would take the fight to roughly 10% on both my pet and the enemy NPC
Last edited by skarlorn; 01-08-2018 at 09:12 PM..
Old 01-09-2018, 02:38 AM
Planar Protector

I suggest OM chanting at 432Hz
Closed Thread