Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baugi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IIRC, EQ press release claimed a peak of ~95k concurrent players during Velious across, what? 47 servers? That's an average of ~2k per server. 2k is roughly the same as peaks on blue (certainly not 30-50x). Moreover, there was similarly a population skew between PVE/PVP servers on Live (thus the Zek merge). Unless you can provide some supplemental information, your assertion seems misguided.

Attachment 9555
The average non raid time population [which is when "gathering" would occur] is around 50-70 players. There were 13 servers upon launch of EverQuest in 1999. That would be around 7,307 players per server. However, PvP had a smaller playerbase. A healthy guesstimate is Rallos Zek had around 2000 concurrent pop. That would put the current Red 99 pop size at around 1/30th of the pop size of classic Rallos Zek.

Also not sure what any of this has to do with any point of my response, which is that even when this server had a larger pop upon release with far less zones there was no gathering or mingling of any kind.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The average non raid time population [which is when "gathering" would occur] is around 50-70 players. There were 13 servers upon launch of EverQuest in 1999. That would be around 7,307 players per server. However, PvP had a smaller playerbase. A healthy guesstimate is Rallos Zek had around 2000 concurrent pop. That would put the current Red 99 pop size at around 1/30th of the pop size of classic Rallos Zek.

Also not sure what any of this has to do with any point of my response, which is that even when this server had a larger pop upon release with far less zones there was no gathering or mingling of any kind.
I was there in 1999. 95% of you were not and are just talking out of your ass. The population numbers were not hidden from the server select list at launch in 1999, that was a later change. The number was visible on the sever select screen.

I can testify Rallos Zek had a concurrent population of around 1,700 - 2,000 players at all times up until about Velious with launch peaks of 2.5k-3k. Velious launch pre-Luclin marked a steep decline in population for the main PvP server.

VZ/TZ had a similar rollout to Rallos numbers, 1,500 concurrent. VZ/TZ servers were created because Rallos was breaking 3k players on weekends concurrent consistently. SOE decided the market was there for more PvP. VZ/TZ were not launch PvP servers and did not exist in 1999.

Sullon Zek never had more than 1k at launch and subsequently fell to 300 within 2 years. As Sirken said, it was a failure from the word go.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 02-27-2018 at 07:57 PM..
Old 02-27-2018, 08:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It makes me sad when people jump all over the place to try and justify a number they made up on a whim.

1. You can't compare off-hour numbers for P99 to peak(note: not average daily peak, peak for the entire expansion) hours on classic Live
2. You can't divide the peak numbers during Velious by the number of servers years earlier on launch (I count at least 43 servers during Velious based on http://www.zlizeq.com/Game_Informati...s_and_Versions)
3. Your "healthy guesstimate" population ratio appears to be a completely arbitrary addition to make your math work

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The population numbers were not hidden from the server select list at launch in 1999, that was a later change.
Population was indicated with ("high"/"medium"/"low" during Velious). You can verify this by looking at era-appropriate server select screenshots or by reading the mountain of forum posts blindly speculating about concurrent players numbers instead of just adding them up. I have to assume the rest of your anecdotal observations are similarly unreliable.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baugi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It makes me sad when people jump all over the place to try and justify a number they made up on a whim.

1. You can't compare off-hour numbers for P99 to peak(note: not average daily peak, peak for the entire expansion) hours on classic Live
2. You can't divide the peak numbers during Velious by the number of servers years earlier on launch (I count at least 43 servers during Velious based on http://www.zlizeq.com/Game_Informati...s_and_Versions)
3. Your "healthy guesstimate" population ratio appears to be a completely arbitrary addition to make your math work

Population was indicated with ("high"/"medium"/"low" during Velious). You can verify this by looking at era-appropriate server select screenshots or by reading the mountain of forum posts blindly speculating about concurrent players numbers instead of just adding them up. I have to assume the rest of your anecdotal observations are similarly unreliable.
real sick post kid im talking about classic i never referenced velious u dumb ******

@ soyboy

Old 02-27-2018, 08:30 PM
Planar Protector

im the only guy with 1999 screenshots of login, chat, and in-game action. ive seen the login screen on my HDD what have u seen u overweight soy guzzling trogdolyte

Old 02-27-2018, 08:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can testify Rallos Zek had a concurrent population of around 1,700 - 2,000 players at all times up until about Velious with launch peaks of 2.5k-3k. Velious launch pre-Luclin marked a steep decline in population for the main PvP server.
Quote:
i never referenced velious u dumb ******
Unreliable.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Unreliable.
u trying to go up against the emp u fathead

Old 02-27-2018, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

now fuck off before i (s)hop ur dick off

in EQ

Old 02-27-2018, 08:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
im the only guy with 1999 screenshots of login, chat, and in-game action. ive seen the login screen on my HDD what have u seen u overweight soy guzzling trogdolyte
Can I see those screens? Nostalgia and all.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You're arguing that the live servers during the classic era weren't classic? You're welcome to use your own self-defined phrases, but it seems dishonest to try and hold me to them. It's obvious what I meant.

Also, unless you can actually quote me some concurrent player numbers from a PVP server during the era, I'm not inclined to accept the second assertion. Even if I were, low population numbers aren't a good reason not to implement changes aimed at improving population numbers?
You needed new coke in order for coca cola classic to exist. A game isn't called classic when it's released. I don't know how this is hard for you to grasp. I can draw a picture with some bright colored crayons if they would help.

Taking ooc out will alienate any players that don't start with friends. Even the retard Ignight used global Ooc to try to find a port. Might as well be playing single player.
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Closed Thread