Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 02:39 PM
Aviak

Rangers are my favorite class, but the way they are now they are tough to play, arrows only stack to 20 so they take up a ton of space, also they are very gear dependent.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:20 PM
Sarnak

Play to your strengths when leveling up. No one can touch you in raking in exp in outdoor zones. You can do quests which other classes would find insanely frustrating. You can fear kite animals and your fear kites (unlike SKs) does not take forever since you actually have good DPS output + a snare which lands and lasts. You can even make a half-decent tank in a pinch and you won't lose aggro... And you'll still dish out good DPS.

The reason why you wouldn't roll a Ranger;
1. For some reason you care about progressing fast and efficiently on a server which will never ever get out of Velious.
2. You do not think mobs die fast enough despite spending 95% of the time farting around on an alt and/or standing around EC in a fancy fashionquest collection.
3. You refer to what you do in EQ "As doing your job." God help you.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:58 PM
Aviak

Your answers helped me cement the idea that idgaf and made one anyway. Solid info though guys, appreciate the commentary.

Only have 10k to twink at the moment, I kinda want to grind out the 35k extra for a fungi but that might make me want to kill myself.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iklossis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rangers are my favorite class, but the way they are now they are tough to play, arrows only stack to 20 so they take up a ton of space, also they are very gear dependent.
All melee are gear dependent. If you want to TANK with the Ranger past 45, then yeah you better get some serious gear, but you're doing it wrong.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:08 PM
Banned

Rangers are the most fulfilling class in the game if you can endure! Understand you aren't a warrior and you're fine! Utilize your spells and skills. And be a wood elf!!! Nothing nastier then a human ranger yukkkkki!
Old 03-28-2018, 07:12 PM
Banned

My rangers gear sucks and I still tank can tank anything that's not a raid boss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Aggro??? Soon as I touch the mob go ahead and cast rash and slow! Don't be scared! Alleriah's protection be with you!
Old 03-28-2018, 07:15 PM
Banned

Okay so my weapons don't suck. But "most" of armor is mediocre. Not a single sky shrine piece ( shieet is ugly ) .whatever it is I'm doing whether it be tanking, dpsing, speed bumping, or dying.. I'm going to look awesome doing it!
Old 03-29-2018, 12:38 AM
Fire Giant

hate gear is better. spring ranger > fall ranger
Old 03-29-2018, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

It's true, the snap aggro is awesome. I am sure you can 'tank anything that is not a raid boss', but you can't tank it like a Knight would, and nothing like a War. After 55 or so you better get 1 at a time and have good healers.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

I've been trying to replace my Ranger's Hate tunic for an eternity mainly because of the look, really tired of it. The stats are annoyingly good though.... 12 Dex!
Closed Thread