Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

Default Video: Cen's quick swarming tips, and demonstraton at Firiona Vie

Hey there, I don't make videos too often on video games, but I had a great blast swarming drolvargs at Firiona Cliffs and I notice a few bards every now and then running into trouble since there is some pilgrims that get in the way and cause deaths and I wanted to make one about the way to do it real quick. Unfortunately I took the video at night time but hopefully its visible enough.

So here is just a quick swarming guide that skips over the VERY basics, shows my oddball way of swarming that is a little less circular and more like a racetrack passby method including a quick sell trip and quest turnin of the fangs that you will collect when swarming drolvargs.

https://youtu.be/jV1AsERU4RM

Pardon my ridiculously Philly accent. Again sorry for the initial darkness, I might enhance it brighter.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:48 AM
Orc

Cool video. To me it seems the advantage of doing "drive by" AoE's is space. You don't need as wide of an area. The disadvantage on the other hand would have to be kill speed. When you circle kite you're constantly hitting mobs to make sure those dots are applied.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:16 AM
Fire Giant

Not to be a hater, but bards leveling in FV should kite at the Swamp of No Hope ZL so as not to be the bard everyone hates. It's isolated and not competing with anyone besides other bards.

Once you get to DL, use the Burning Woods ZL. Don't be the guy kiting behind KC that dies and wipes everyone in the vicinity.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to be a hater, but bards leveling in FV should kite at the Swamp of No Hope ZL so as not to be the bard everyone hates. It's isolated and not competing with anyone besides other bards.

Once you get to DL, use the Burning Woods ZL. Don't be the guy kiting behind KC that dies and wipes everyone in the vicinity.
That's not hate at all that's advice brother.

Ive been trying to learn dreadlands a little. My biggest problem right now is .. I can never find the burning woods zone line when I want to o.O I swear its invisible.
Closed Thread