Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 10:23 PM
Fire Giant

I've heard this isn't a server that allows you to show up and press the "free loot" button, which is what FTE races did for the 99% of people that didn't get FTE's.

I've also heard your only options at this point is 1) join a guild getting mobs under the current rules or 2) get good.

Something something welfare pixels.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:33 AM
Planar Protector

Lol at saying how rotated mobs aren't classic but endorses lockouts and mario kart everquest.

Just drop the classic argument, GMs did shit a bit different depending on server situation, deal with it.

The simplest solution is just enforce a bag limit on mobs, maybe 7 or 8 per 7 day. Some strategy comes into play, lesser mobs go to up and coming guilds, and you still have competition.

And please sirken, make certain areas like ToV exit / entrance no kill zones for boss mobs. Make these people earn pixels like the elders did.
Old 04-08-2018, 05:33 AM
Sarnak

Henrique, your president and your guild is in prison

Rip
Old 04-08-2018, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prismaticshop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Rip
Both unjustified and poor judgment on the judge's part. But shrugs. Again i am not here to judge bro, just wanted to try and fix the raid scene but people are more interested in blood and destroying other guilds with petitions and bullshits. Shrugs. This server will become Red99 soon if this keeps up, people say they want compete but all they want is freetime to kill dragons that will be here in 10years. More and more people will have less desire to play on a sandbox where rules are not followed by the staff accordingly. But again, i don't care to judge, its their sandbox, if they want us gone... all they have to do is say it.

I am done, not sure about my guild but i will just probably just deguild and log in once in a while to some dumb farming spot or exp group, or just to talk crap with friends that i find online. None of the core in Awakened has logged in much at all besides batphones for the last 6 months because we are all tired of this "You must be a good politician and suck GM's ball to play on this sandbox".

Good luck playing here, it was very fun and Nilbog did a great job creating classic EQ, sadly the CSR GM's are autist kids who doesn't talk to the community and just punish folks without letting us know what they want from us. Today its US, tomorrow will be someone else if you dont jump when they tell you to jump.

I am ready for my forum ban, i bashed the P99 staff who cannot handle criticism, bring it!

Again, was a pleasure. Thanks Nilbog and Rogean for creating this and all the hidden Development team that get less credit but are also very important to the project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
It is not a server that allows you to just show up and press the "free loot" button, and it's not a server that rewards you for simply existing.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make these people earn pixels like the elders did.
Except all raiders want batphone 10min raids to collect pixels... Even by some of their own accounts a large portion of their guild only logs in for batphones

Part of the reason p99 raiding is so toxic is the bloat from all the raiders who don't even play on the server outside of raid logging. Few of them want to actually clear trash, many would if it meant getting all dragons in North, but none of them want to clear for 1 or 2 dragons. They want their easy mode raids that are done in a few minutes.

If the server staff made zone pulling against the rules you'd see a massive die off of these players

So they all agree to keep the status quo of zone pulls that can be botched and then risk petition quest
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 04-08-2018, 12:29 PM
Aviak

I think the administrators of this server should keep things classic like they love to pretend they are doing and stay out of the business of telling raid guilds how to play. Sony / Verant stayed out of it, as should they. Rules made by raid guilds are one thing but enforced by GMs are another.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXIII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I read that post, do you think this whole "First in force" would work? i mean, sounds to me way more complicated then what we got right now... take pictures of /who and with who engage first the trash mob towards the mob and allow that force a clear shot to it because they start to clear first? Sounds a lot harder then what we got right now... dunno. Care to elaborate how you think this would play out with the enviorement we got?
It wouldn't work here. It's an ideal that can never match the people here because it would require everyone to have patience, self control and respect for each other. There just isn't enough socially at stake for folks to moderate their own behavior. It's just wishful thinking on my part that if people saw someone clearing to a mob they'd be decent and just move on until next time.

The real answer to these problems is another blue server, or ideally another 2-3 blue servers. It's as classic as can be, since we weren't all forced to share the same server back on live. Each server can do their own thing as far as competition, rotations and play nice policies go. Hell, could even make one an instance server.

But that's not a solution the players can implement. There really isn't a solution the players can implement.
Old 04-08-2018, 01:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prismaticshop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Rip
3rd World problems.
Old 04-08-2018, 01:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXIII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am done
\o/
Old 04-08-2018, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Both unjustified and poor judgment on the judge's part. But shrugs. Again i am not here to judge bro, just wanted to try and fix the raid scene but people are more interested in blood and destroying other guilds with petitions and bullshits. Shrugs. This server will become Red99 soon if this keeps up, people say they want compete but all they want is freetime to kill dragons that will be here in 10years. More and more people will have less desire to play on a sandbox where rules are not followed by the staff accordingly. But again, i don't care to judge, its their sandbox, if they want us gone... all they have to do is say it.

I am done, not sure about my guild but i will just probably just deguild and log in once in a while to some dumb farming spot or exp group, or just to talk crap with friends that i find online. None of the core in Awakened has logged in much at all besides batphones for the last 6 months because we are all tired of this "You must be a good politician and suck GM's ball to play on this sandbox".

Good luck playing here, it was very fun and Nilbog did a great job creating classic EQ, sadly the CSR GM's are autist kids who doesn't talk to the community and just punish folks without letting us know what they want from us. Today its US, tomorrow will be someone else if you dont jump when they tell you to jump.

I am ready for my forum ban, i bashed the P99 staff who cannot handle criticism, bring it!

Again, was a pleasure. Thanks Nilbog and Rogean for creating this and all the hidden Development team that get less credit but are also very important to the project.
Continue to blame staff instead of the leadership you chose to follow. How has that worked out for you?