Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 06:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by raato [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I only got old examples since I don't raid much on P99 anymore, because the rules at their current state allow edge to people who are willing to cheat and break the rules so I rather play on server without any raiding rules.

But there was this CT some time ago when you could still kite trash outside of leashing range while killing CT and after CSG engaged CT and had kite under control AM members used bladestoppers and mallets etc. to overagro mobs from CSGs kite to bring them close enough to CT to get CSG raid trained. AM didn't eat punishment for it, eventho server staff agreed that you had wronged, but this rule change went in instead: "Removed: All bits dictating what a concession must be, and all bits stating that they must be accepted.". Because at that time it was common strategy that A/A did some very shady shit to get "wins" and when you got caught you only lost 1 mobs loots, since concessions must have been accepted if it was offered.

Then there was one time in ST when MOTG and Prog were up and AM pulled MOTG first kiting trash around in the big room and you kept the kite going eventho you didn't have to anymore (I understand that you were just prepping to pull Prog next), then CSG went ahead and pulled Prog and the moment our puller entered big room your guys dropped their kite on top of our puller to get him killed and making us fail the pull. Our pullers werent frapsing, so there was no proof what had happened.

And this is just couple examples, I think I can manage to remember few more if you want.

You have any evidence of the CT encounter?

So you actualiy expected another guild to kite all the adds for you while you pulled past them?
Old 04-08-2018, 06:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have any evidence of the CT encounter?

So you actualiy expected another guild to kite all the adds for you while you pulled past them?
Yeah, enough for Sirken+pals to make the ruling, which they did. They changed the rules.

And no, I don't expect them to kite all the adds for us, but I don't expect them to hold the adds long enough for no reason just to be able to dump them on our pullers pull path so its impossible to avoid them. Thats basically just what Aw monk did with ToV wyverns to your pullers in NToV, dumping loads of mobs on top of your pullteam.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, because on those servers, Nagafen ignores magician pets and goes for the master, so all of the magicians would die before their pets kill him.

You see, those devs saw an issue (pet walling) and fixed it.

Here on P99 though, they see zone-pulling and just implement dumb rules and continue to allow it, instead of making you crawl the zone like you're supposed to.

I crawl NToV once or twice a month, takes about 3-4 hours with a solid 50-60 man raid in Velious era. You could too, just agree to rotate it with the other guilds on the server. Here are some rotation blocks you can do:
  • NToV
  • WToV + Klandicar + Zlandicar
  • Dozekar + Statue + Tormax
  • Dain + Yelinak + Cazic Thule + Ring War
  • Veeshan's Peak
  • Trakanon + Venril + Kunark Dragons

There you have 6 blocks to spread between 6 raid entities. Nagafen + Vox can be run as an open raid every week. What a magical server this would be.
Stop trying to use logic and reason, they can get more pixels screen watching 16hr windows, more pixels > having an actual raid experience
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 04-08-2018, 06:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
damn maner are you really that dumb or do you just not read full posts before replying to them? CSG had the kite under control and AM stole like half of the kite with bladestoppers so they could drag it toward CT and drop it within CT's assist call to aggro it onto their raid and wipe them. I was present for that encounter and that's 100% exactly what happened, was confirmed by GM's and AM received no punishment for it.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:42 PM
Fire Giant

I can remember when awakened first formed, being in some of the leadership skype chats, it was apparent that awak leadership could never negotiate or compromise. I fucking wish gharns didn't drop on that quake to make hoku ragequit, because he was at least willing to sweeps stuff under the rug. Awakened had this coming for a long time heh
Old 04-08-2018, 07:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, because on those servers, Nagafen ignores magician pets and goes for the master, so all of the magicians would die before their pets kill him.

You see, those devs saw an issue (pet walling) and fixed it.

Here on P99 though, they see zone-pulling and just implement dumb rules and continue to allow it, instead of making you crawl the zone like you're supposed to.

I crawl NToV once or twice a month, takes about 3-4 hours with a solid 50-60 man raid in Velious era. You could too, just agree to rotate it with the other guilds on the server. Here are some rotation blocks you can do:
  • NToV
  • WToV + Klandicar + Zlandicar
  • Dozekar + Statue + Tormax
  • Dain + Yelinak + Cazic Thule + Ring War
  • Veeshan's Peak
  • Trakanon + Venril + Kunark Dragons

There you have 6 blocks to spread between 6 raid entities. Nagafen + Vox can be run as an open raid every week. What a magical server this would be.
It's a really neat idea, and I'd probably enjoy doing it, but you played on this server long enough to know that it isn't realistic. All it would take is one rag tag group of raiders to come in before all mobs in the "block" are up and start sniping shit to ruin it for everyone.

P99 staff wants no instances, and they have been firm on that stance as long as i've been here, full rotations are just another form of instancing, and non instanced raiding will by it's very nature devolve into a neckbeard competition.

It's been constant 1 upsmanship as long as I can remember, from sitting on raid spawns with 100+ people in Kunark, to Jav spamming / Autofiring, to Coth ducking, to manipulating FPS to move faster.

The one guarantee about this server is that it will always become the least common denominator.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:37 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by raato [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The moment you decide to raid with either of A/A guild YOU agree that it is alright to cheat and break the raid rules to get yourself pixels, even if you don't do it yourself. By joining you support the leadership and the way they want to play this game. Now when they get caught you also suffer the consequences, because YOU choose to support it. And for that there is nobody else to blame than yourself.
A little dramatic I think but I'll play along. I joined a top tier raiding guild because I wanted to raid end game stuff. Never agreed that it is alright to cheat or break rules - this is a straw man argument.

This isn't the Nuremberg trials, I'm just a player who likes to raid and finds the current situation unfortunate.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, if you make an AW2.0. For the love of god dont name it something like Awakened. Naming your guild over waking the sleeper is just karma. I hate you all for waking the sleeper, I want a damn gnome mask =p. Franswa let me click it once and it was the greatest thing ever.
Toggin let me get a click last night, took a pic with my Guardian Robe, can't say I didn't have a bit of a grin, would do again.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
damn maner are you really that dumb or do you just not read full posts before replying to them? CSG had the kite under control and AM stole like half of the kite with bladestoppers so they could drag it toward CT and drop it within CT's assist call to aggro it onto their raid and wipe them. I was present for that encounter and that's 100% exactly what happened, was confirmed by GM's and AM received no punishment for it.
Really? Because in his own comment he criticized AM for dropping their train ST... at least read what I am replying to before adding your irrelevant opinion.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Yeah, enough for Sirken+pals to make the ruling, which they did. They changed the rules.

And no, I don't expect them to kite all the adds for us, but I don't expect them to hold the adds long enough for no reason just to be able to dump them on our pullers pull path so its impossible to avoid them. Thats basically just what Aw monk did with ToV wyverns to your pullers in NToV, dumping loads of mobs on top of your pullteam.
No it wasn't actually. AW in this instance agroed a train after the pull had already started. You were complaining about AM dropping an already existing train when your guild tried to leap frog and pull Prog...
Closed Thread