Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 07:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by raato [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here are server rules: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=132299

There it says:

So according to the server rules you can go kill other things while you keep the camp down. However you have to return to the camp and maintain a presence when someone else expresses their interest to contest that camp.
I guess I would have lost in petitionquest then. The fact that mobs are down for so long at A4 seems to collide somewhat with that rule and it does say 'In general'.

I think it's somewhat unfair to pull that off in PoM. In that way a single player can hold down several camps in the zone due to the long respawn time.

Maybe others feel differently?
Old 04-10-2018, 07:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess I would have lost in petitionquest then. The fact that mobs are down for so long at A4 seems to collide somewhat with that rule and it does say 'In general'.

I think it's somewhat unfair to pull that off in PoM. In that way a single player can hold down several camps in the zone due to the long respawn time.

That is why there also reads "You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up."
Old 04-10-2018, 07:46 AM
Fire Giant

Well you know what I guess I got a bit caught up with how I thought PoM worked / ought to work. I guess I would never myself want to risk A4 by leaving it open to go kill lesser stuff in between but it would actually be permitted. There ya go.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Others definitely feel differently. I can't understand people who think it should be the way you are saying.

If I am the only person in PoM, how does it make sense for me to just stick to one camp only? Of course I can camp as much shit as I want. I shouldn't need to stick to one camp just in case someone wants to zone in and start claiming stuff.

I don't know if this is what you mean, but I actually did have a guy get all butthurt at me before when I was camping polar bears in Perma on my druid. I was killing upper pits and then some of lower pits. I was the only person in zone for a while. Some other druid shows up and he actually gets pissy at me for killing some of lower because his spawns are in a different order now... Repeat, I was the only person in zone for a long time before he showed up. So yeah, that mentality seems to just defy logic.
Old 04-10-2018, 04:07 PM
Sarnak

Agreed. If the mobs are dead, I give benefit of the doubt to the person that says they're camping it. It's the people that call camps that are fully spawned and aren't even remotely close to that really get to me. No one on this server is honest.
Old 04-10-2018, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadiki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one on this server is honest.
You've just nailed the true value of CC; gauging how trustworthy other players are and how to manage them in the future.
Old 04-10-2018, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want something... TAKE IT
Or send packets.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Others definitely feel differently. I can't understand people who think it should be the way you are saying.

If I am the only person in PoM, how does it make sense for me to just stick to one camp only? Of course I can camp as much shit as I want. I shouldn't need to stick to one camp just in case someone wants to zone in and start claiming stuff.
You're misunderstanding: the camp rules only apply at the moment two players both want the same spawn. This means that when you have a zone or area to yourself you can camp that entire zone/area to your heart's content and it's 100% legal.

Then when someone shows up in the zone and says "I want mob X", you have a choice: you can keep mob X, or you can let the guy have it and say you're camping mob Y.

Let's say you keep X, so the guy takes Y (or you keep Y and they take X, same difference). Both of you each get to claim ONLY Xor Y. Every other mob in the entire zone is now FTE (First to Engage).

The rules seem pretty fair to me: everyone gets only one guaranteed (ie. protected by petitions/GMs) mob at a time. If you're there first you get to choose which mob you want, because you were there first. You can then continue to clear any mobs you want throughout the entire zone (except for the one mob they claim), as long as you can beat the other guy to them.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:05 PM
Fire Giant

No, I understand how it works and that is how it should be IMO. I just felt like adding my anecdote to show that there are some really warped views that exist as far as what is "fair" and what is not.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

I want a Larrikan's Mask.