Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Default Reimagining EQ and what Sony should have done

Its time to travel back to a better time, that's why most of us are here in the first place, but let's look at what Sony did wrong and what should have happened (IMO).

Sony purchases Verant then releases a bunch of crap with minor level cap increases and most of the content is either high end raid or high end group only material, ( yes I know there are some exceptions but overall that's what u got). So expansion after expansion u get level cap increase more high end contend. This caused a major disadvantage for people who didn't have the time to LFG for an hour finally find a group only to see the cleric only had 15 mins left to play voila party's over. Joining a raiiding guild would be great but when u have to work at 5am it's kinda tough. So that leaves us with a bunch of blue cons that smoke any class that doesn't have a pet to help solo, but u don't like soloing anyways it takes away from the immersion of the game. You Quit, along with hundreds of other people in the same boat.

The Fix.

Upon purchasing Verant, Sony needed to go straight into development of EQ2 they did but failed. EQ2 should have been a graduated EQ1. Here's how it should have been done. Upon reaching level 61 you now gain access to EQ2 zones that connect to the world of Norrath, intertwine the games. Your level 61 toon has all there gear and fortune in eq2 and the best part is there's another 60 levels to play making the cap 120. Level 61 in EQ2 is the nooby level so yes you can kill that blue con as u did when you entered EC and killed your 1st black wolf. Mirror the leveling structure of EQ1. At level 100 you can solo a level 97-99. SOE could have upgraded graphics when in the EQ2 zones it could have just been a boat trip away to get there. So how do u keep old content relivent? You have to intertwine quest and old world Factioning.

You may ask how does someone new join EQ2 if they haven't leveled up in EQ1. Well they can roll a level 61 from EQ2 start with no gear and no money and no benefits granted by the devs for being a veteran, kinda like the heroics in live but not so heroic. This level 61 noob whenever they join an EQ2 zone they are that level 61 but if the go into EQ1 they start at level 1.
Last thing no level higher then 60 and no gear from EQ2 can enter an EQ1 zone so when u do enter EQ1 you are shadowed down to 60 and you better hold on to that old EQ1 gear.
Last edited by Blitzers; 01-17-2015 at 02:04 PM.. Reason: Grammar
Old 01-17-2015, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

I see what happened. Welcome back Marcus.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:17 PM
Orc

Your system is not EQ2 it's an expansion.

Luclin and PoP were easily fixable expansions. Without the Bazaar, space cats and overly generous exp zones(Paludal Caverns lol) Luclin would have been just fine.

All they needed to do with PoP was delete all the PoK teleportation stones and reduce the jump in gear and it would have been amazing.

EQ2 needed to be a highly advanced version of the classic days with less boring melee classes, not the button spamming nightmare and instant teleports everywhere with zero immersion like it is today.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

The biggest problem was leveling structure, these minor cap raises were crap and it needed to make 61 nooby zones where blue cons were soloable the same structure EQ1 had and it would have been amazing. And yes no bazaar no fast travel
Old 01-17-2015, 03:06 PM
Fire Giant

Skyshrine - One of the biggest and baddest zones, that hardly anyone ever got to experience. It's like 10x bigger than TOV yet barely utilized.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Poor itemization. Many difficult bosses drop worse loot than trash mobs. Gear being a form of progression didn't really come into play until late luclin. Trade skills basically were useless until PoP for the most part. AA's were cool but could've been implemented better. Not enough epic quests.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:58 PM
Banned

You can't pinpoint one problem when there are a million reasons Eq started sucking.

Here's how you fix it. P99. Done.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't pinpoint one problem when there are a million reasons Eq started sucking.

Here's how you fix it. P99. Done.
Yes millions of reasons, p99 is great and I hope it lasts forever
Old 01-17-2015, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Verant launched EQ through Sony. Sony was involved from the start. This thread makes no sense.

Without Sony, EQ may have never launched so you should be thanking them.

I'd link proof but a simple google search will net you the results. I'll just leave you with Qeynos spelled backwards.

SonyEQ
Last edited by SamwiseRed; 01-17-2015 at 04:34 PM..
Old 01-17-2015, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Verant launched EQ through Sony. Sony was involved from the start. This thread makes no sense.

Without Sony, EQ may have never launched so you should be thanking them.

I'd link proof but a simple google search will net you the results. I'll just leave you with Qeynos spelled backwards.

SonyEQ
I will concede your point, Verant contracted for Sony, still doesn't change the fact Sony sux
Closed Thread