Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 10:22 PM
Kobold

Default Suggestions on a duo class with a druid

Hey guys, looking for a bit of advice. My buddy and I are going to be duoing once a week. He's planning on playing a druid. I was looking for advice on a good complimentary class.

What do y'all think?
Old 04-14-2017, 10:34 PM
Fire Giant

Do you want to play a caster or melee? Druids are quite versatile and complement most classes, so you will have a range of options.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:07 AM
Kobold

I'm not sure. I played everything back on live, but that was over a decade ago.

I'm looking for suggestions. Experiences. Things people enjoyed playing with a druid. Maybe it will spark something.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:46 AM
Planar Protector

Max level, ultimate duo is enchanter and cleric

Most of game best rounded good times? Shaman and Monk

Other options? Really just think of anything fun

Just saw your buddy is a druid.

You should be an enchanter and let him heal you and buff pet. not as good as cleric duo but its still good.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:35 AM
Large Bat

A Necro might be a good companion for a Druid. This would cleanup in outdoor zones. The druid can Track to find them, get their quickly with their spirit of wolf movement spell. They can Snare. The snare is much more reliable and long lasting than most the Necros early stuff.

So Fear kiting with snare, tracking them down, loading with dots, while the Necro pet beats them down. I'm pretty sure most of their DOTs work together, if not all. Druid can buff the necro pet and heal for skeleton Tanking type situations. Put a nice druid damage shield on the pet also.

These are also two of the best solo classes in the game,, so combined, even better.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:49 AM
Large Bat

A Ranger might be a good companion for a Druid. They both have their nature loving ways. You'd have the best track in the game for outdoor hunting. You can reverse kite by staking dots on the mob and spamming snare. Have the Ranger beat on them. Harmony to single pull small camps. If you stick to animals you can fear kite to 60.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:23 AM
Aviak

u coudl do a druid and rogue - drudi snear and fear animals and rogue back stabs away
Old 04-15-2017, 05:01 AM
Aviak

druid and a necro
Old 04-15-2017, 09:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytross [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys, looking for a bit of advice. My buddy and I are going to be duoing once a week. He's planning on playing a druid. I was looking for advice on a good complimentary class.

What do y'all think?
I think the "strongest" options to duo with druid are enchanter and necromancer. Those duos can do just about anything, anywhere. Heals, buffs, mana regen, snares, lots of damage, ports, pulling, and much more.

Most things will work with a druid if you limit your expectations going into it though. Sure druid+rogue can wreck outdoor reverse kiting animals; but that's pretty niche to do every time you play. Sure a druid can heal a melee if needed, but you're not going to be duoing through dungeons like that. Sure a druid and a wizard can do crazy quads and burn stuff down quick, but then you'll be medding for 10 minutes after every 30-90 seconds of activity.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:33 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the "strongest" options to duo with druid are enchanter and necromancer. Those duos can do just about anything, anywhere. Heals, buffs, mana regen, snares, lots of damage, ports, pulling, and much more.

Most things will work with a druid if you limit your expectations going into it though. Sure druid+rogue can wreck outdoor reverse kiting animals; but that's pretty niche to do every time you play. Sure a druid can heal a melee if needed, but you're not going to be duoing through dungeons like that. Sure a druid and a wizard can do crazy quads and burn stuff down quick, but then you'll be medding for 10 minutes after every 30-90 seconds of activity.
That's a very valid, well explained point. I'm considering taking up the cloth class
Closed Thread