Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 07:07 AM
Fire Giant

Default Intentional Manipulation of EC Market

I d like to invoke the EC Comission here to investigate, really easy to spot those who manipulate, random char in which spam a High Value item undervalue for a few times and suddenly offline or the otherway around Overprice an items that its value is way less, so Wiki/Ahungry registers so fool people thinking its worth.

For those that dont know the prices on wiki doesnt mean its a closed deal, its just the prices that are logged from time to time from someone auctioning, doesnt mean the guy sold that item, just that they believe he did because he did so many auctions at that said item, so if i auction constantly an item, from time to time i ll appear at the item wiki list creating a false or true idea of a seller/sold item.

Thats pretty much how they manipulated Holgresh Elder Beads from 100k to 400k, so many auctions that its creates an illusion that the item suddenly is being sold for alot more, also creating an idea that its going more and more up, making some people buying for higher prices thinking its gonna grow even more, as an example those manipulations are pretty common with midia/false news on Cryptocurrency.

That said i know nobody will care or control it, but sucks to see it happen. I guess thats why the auctions page that controlled the real prices got attacked so the real "traders" could keep manipulating the market.
Old 03-03-2018, 07:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocode [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I d like to invoke the EC Comission here to investigate, really easy to spot those who manipulate, random char in which spam a High Value item undervalue for a few times and suddenly offline or the otherway around Overprice an items that its value is way less, so Wiki/Ahungry registers so fool people thinking its worth.

For those that dont know the prices on wiki doesnt mean its a closed deal, its just the prices that are logged from time to time from someone auctioning, doesnt mean the guy sold that item, just that they believe he did because he did so many auctions at that said item, so if i auction constantly an item, from time to time i ll appear at the item wiki list creating a false or true idea of a seller/sold item.

Thats pretty much how they manipulated Holgresh Elder Beads from 100k to 400k, so many auctions that its creates an illusion that the item suddenly is being sold for alot more, also creating an idea that its going more and more up, making some people buying for higher prices thinking its gonna grow even more, as an example those manipulations are pretty common with midia/false news on Cryptocurrency.

That said i know nobody will care or control it, but sucks to see it happen. I guess thats why the auctions page that controlled the real prices got attacked so the real "traders" could keep manipulating the market.
In part, yes. As a total explanation not even close.

Your own example of the HEBs doesn't hold water. There are many more factors going on here than just a few folks intentionally auctioning high prices for them to create an over evaluation from a buyer.

You are a on a static server, near the end of the last content to be released. There are some items at this point (like HEBs) which have an extremely high utility and their supply only decreases (no more drop, some folks won't sell, some folks quit without passing them on, etc.). Very few folks are interested in selling an item that they really enjoy and get a lot of utility out of when they know that the price is only going to continue going up. Same with any nerfed item that folks actually use.

What you are calling manipulating the market is really more like trickery, deception, border line scamming. Unless someone is actually buying all the HEBs and releasing them slowly at higher prices (dialing back quantity on the market, dialing up price on the market). One is just playing with smoke and mirrors (and hoping a sucker comes along) the other is actually changing the market by deliberate buying and selling.

Neither one, btw, is actually against the rules.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:10 AM
Fire Giant

I still have no idea where the demand for them comes from especially at >300k.
The half dozen pulling monks on the server have them. And where else do you use them apart from HoT and Kael ? Whats everyone else want them for - To proc hammer off to OT?
Old 03-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still have no idea where the demand for them comes from especially at >300k.
The half dozen pulling monks on the server have them. And where else do you use them apart from HoT and Kael ? Whats everyone else want them for - To proc hammer off to OT?
Tell you don’t play a monk. There is soooooo much you can do outside of tov and kael.

As far as the price gap there was ample time to buy them. They went from 20k to 60-80k before the patch to 100-125 after. A few months later it went up to 250 Halloween I think. Then after the new year to 300 to now prices.

So it’s not like it just immediately happened. If you are new to the server trying to get beads that does suck but if you’ve been around the block and back we’ll then you just were EQing right.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 03-03-2018, 10:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In part, yes. As a total explanation not even close.

Your own example of the HEBs doesn't hold water. There are many more factors going on here than just a few folks intentionally auctioning high prices for them to create an over evaluation from a buyer.

You are a on a static server, near the end of the last content to be released. There are some items at this point (like HEBs) which have an extremely high utility and their supply only decreases (no more drop, some folks won't sell, some folks quit without passing them on, etc.). Very few folks are interested in selling an item that they really enjoy and get a lot of utility out of when they know that the price is only going to continue going up. Same with any nerfed item that folks actually use.

What you are calling manipulating the market is really more like trickery, deception, border line scamming. Unless someone is actually buying all the HEBs and releasing them slowly at higher prices (dialing back quantity on the market, dialing up price on the market). One is just playing with smoke and mirrors (and hoping a sucker comes along) the other is actually changing the market by deliberate buying and selling.

Neither one, btw, is actually against the rules.
i bet theres a lot more factors, i havent been in EC for long, those are some that i noticed being there last month, HEB was just an example, i have seen any items, randomly, even some that i was selling, suddenly random name takes the link announce with different price and almost instantly not online and never see that guy announce that item again, meaning the bold part.

And for sure there are naive sells/buys that is just a good deal from time to time, but not that easy to find.
Old 03-03-2018, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

HEB are worth 750k. Someone said it. So now it's true. Don't question it.
Old 03-03-2018, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

All people have to do is not buy it at a price they don't like. Who is really doing the manipulation, the sellers or the buyers? Both have a part.
Old 03-03-2018, 01:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tell you don’t play a monk. There is soooooo much you can do outside of tov and kael.

As far as the price gap there was ample time to buy them. They went from 20k to 60-80k before the patch to 100-125 after. A few months later it went up to 250 Halloween I think. Then after the new year to 300 to now prices.

So it’s not like it just immediately happened. If you are new to the server trying to get beads that does suck but if you’ve been around the block and back we’ll then you just were EQing right.
Naw.
Old 03-03-2018, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

They are fun you should give em a try.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 03-03-2018, 02:01 PM
Aviak

Sounds clever to me.
Closed Thread