Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

Arrow What you guys think about that 1h lockouts on FTE?

Yo, posting this on RnF just so people can flame, rant and cuss me or the proposition freely.

So, i was thinking that the best moments competition i had on server lately was during the 1h lockouts. FTE races was cool and a good way to avoid the pulling/training drama that goes on when insta engages that we have atm.

With 1H lockouts we don't need to rotate shit anymore because the drama and petitionquest would be much lesser since you have 1h freely to plan and kill ur thing.

In my eyes it would also help casual guilds since they suck at rushing to kill the mobs and would give them time to coordinate and etc.

I think the FTE Races by foot is something that we need to address thou, since the FPS lowering tecniques is a thing and its hard to police... but maybe make it into a CoTH MAGE FTE race? since its probably less exploitable (if you coth duck, you are a loser even if you "win" the fte.

In my perfect world i would keep things as they are and just freely compete but sadly when 2-3 guilds are trying to pull the same mob to the entrance lots of shit happens. Train each other, train up when the FTE is not even yours to cockblock the other team and lots of other shennanigans that savage people with low morale do. Also we have leaders/officers who cannot agree to things so i would love to make a system where subjectiveness is the lowest possible.

Anyways, wanted to hear you guys about it. I feel it would be a nice break from the petition quest non stop because "you pulled wyrverns" or "You agro that dragon to leashe it away and get new fte" and all other stuff that we been thro.

Post your thoughts, i am not here for blood or discuss about A/A whos right or wrong, i just truly want to make the raid scene better before the new GM's bug Sirken enough to make him rotate shit serverwide and kill p99 classic feeling. (not here to discuss your idea of classic either, Rogean, Nilbog and Sirken played on a server that did not had rotations, so did i. If your server rotated, thats too bad for you!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
It is not a server that allows you to just show up and press the "free loot" button, and it's not a server that rewards you for simply existing.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

TL;DR couldn't give a shit.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:24 PM
Sarnak

I think they were stupid. One person being good at Mario Kart shouldn't = pixels.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:24 PM
Banned

Runnyeye must be destroyed
Old 04-07-2018, 03:25 PM
Fire Giant

I think youd be better off repenting your sins and leaving those shitbags in Taken mate.
Aint no changing the rules because you have to be a bunch of cheaty McCheats to get 1 mob every 20.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:28 PM
Sarnak

Root A/A
Old 04-07-2018, 03:54 PM
Kobold

I'd be open to rotating the rules.

All mobs being coth or all mobs being run up sucks. But rotating the rules would be fun and keep the spice up.

Mixing in some run ups, some weeks for mobs like Doze, Iki, Eashen, Aary, WTOV, Statue, KT could be fun. Heck even run ups all the way to Vulak is fun. Run ups to triplets and twins is stupid though.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:57 PM
Banned

ban everyone with more than 1 vulak loot
Old 04-07-2018, 03:59 PM
Fire Giant

a bunch of level 9 ogre shamans piled on top of eachother waiting to race was the dumbest thing I've ever seen in an RPG
Old 04-07-2018, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

And desperation kicks in! Sure I'd love to go back to having you guys use 2 to 3 people who cheat to get every job. Sounds awesome.