Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 07:26 PM
Kobold

Default Classes with lots of questing potential

I really enjoy questing in EQ, even fairly inconsequential quests. I love running all over the world in search of quest components. I'm looking to roll a new character and am wondering what class(es) have the most quests, specifically class-specific quests.

It seems like Monks get a lot of quests and I know from Live experience that Paladins do too. Any other classes you'd add to this list?
Old 04-12-2018, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

Iksar Shadowknights, Warriors, and Shamans have a full set of quest armor that can be completed by any class (as long as faction is OK). Fairly fun to do. I think I've done all three sets at least twice.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:45 PM
Fire Giant

Magicians seem to have an entire zone dedicated to their own quests: Temple of Solusek Ro -- it's off Lavastorm. The class also is geared towards soloing, so you could complete nearly all of the quests by yourself. It's a great hub concerning the class, its association with Solusek Ro, and the surrounding areas and cities. It also takes you across all of Norrath.

Another way to look at this question would be to incorporate the race and diety into the mix, as classic EverQuest did so much to integrate these into the world of Norrath. It's fun to do some quests as a Human from Qeynos, thereby quelling the gnoll annoyance, or perhaps reaching out to the city of Highkeep and the surrounding trade areas in the adjacent winding labyrinth of crevasses and the rain soaked plains of Karana. How do the various diety factions of the humans of Qeynos relate to each other? While many of these quests may not reward the player with amazing loot, much of the reward is lore-driven.

There are so many different pockets of Norrath to explore including the iksar's city of Cabilis, their relationship to the Ring of Scale, their former leader Venril Sathir, the frogloks, goblins, sarnaks, and etc, etc, etc. There is betrayal, deceit, and redemption in the veins of the iksar waiting to be discovered in the bleeding walls of the crypts of Dalnir and the trembling earth below the hidden mansion of Charasis. Who where the Kylong, Jarsath, and Shissar? There is an overabundance of story arcs that integrate many of the races into the overall narrative of the dragon civil war.

Every race is so well done it's why this server continues to exist beyond the pure raiding scene. Dive into the lore of the Erudite's (literal) descent into the madness of necromancy; or maybe the political landscape surrounding the dwarves of Kaladim, wood elves of Kelethin, and the high elves of Felwithe and the half-elves stuck in the middle. What about the sinister ties of the dark elves of Neriak to the humans of Freeport and the so called pure high elf race!

What is so fantastic about the world of Norrath is that there is so much of the world's lore to be uncovered in the current climate of the present world.

You really can't go wrong. Gnomes got wall vision though. What is the best race for shaman? The world may never know, but I hear ogres got frontal stun immunity?

I may have convinced myself to play again, but the hardest part will probably be not twinking the shit out of the toon. God damn its like once you have a fungi you just can't live without it.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksar Shadowknights, Warriors, and Shamans have a full set of quest armor that can be completed by any class (as long as faction is OK). Fairly fun to do. I think I've done all three sets at least twice.
hehe neurd

to OP: qeynos is the greatest quest experience in all of EQ imo. make sure you have leveled a toon in qeynos and the karanas!
Last edited by skarlorn; 04-12-2018 at 07:51 PM..
Old 04-12-2018, 07:53 PM
Sarnak

Does tunnelquest count? If so nekkid human bard seems like a popular choice.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:43 PM
Fire Giant

Iksar monk has pretty fun bracer quest. But thats about it lol.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hehe neurd

to OP: qeynos is the greatest quest experience in all of EQ imo. make sure you have leveled a toon in qeynos and the karanas!
THIS guy quests

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 04-13-2018, 11:33 AM
Decaying Skeleton

If you like time consuming quests do monk shackle quest in cabilis as a human monk. I just did and it took 30 or 40 hours of collecting bonechips for swift tails faction and then maybe 10 hours to quickly run through the shackle quests.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:25 PM
Sarnak

Time consuming?
Faction Questing can be an Ever Quest.
Make an Iksar non-kos in every city of Norrath.
Old 04-14-2018, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hehe neurd

I've always loved Qeynos!
Closed Thread