Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

Default Is druid money making pretty good?

I have a Bard, a Shaman, and now I made an Enchanter. I love support and control classes.

But I hurt for cash ;D Im wondering if I should up a druid just for the sake of ports. Is the money roll in worth it compared to just using other classes to farm stuff? My bard can eat hill giants for breakfast all day long and my shaman can slowly xp on them (which is probably what I should be doing).

I don't know if Druid is in my blood other then for porting for cash. There's also just so many of them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I do want a badass melee character someday soon, but I don't like pulling. Just tanking or melee damages [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-12-2018, 11:00 PM
Banned

A 44+ druid can easily make 2-4k a day casually porting. If a raid target is in window then fucking forget about it, cash flow.

But, at level 58 you can succor people through SG and thats when the big dick cash comes in, those raid rushers toss lots of cash at you. I remember taking a group of 5 <[redacted]> and they gave me 4 rubies. others tip stuff like a black sapphire and other shit.

wait why am I telling possible competition this
Old 04-12-2018, 11:17 PM
Orc

Druid ports can be decent cash if you bind yourself in EC or in OT, you can easily make a few thousand a day semi afk. Just make sure you are using tell windows and always sow and offer a levi.

That being said I would suggest to keep pushing on your shaman until you're 52 or so then parking in Seb. You'll have plenty of chances to roll on some solid loot, probably make more money than the druid porting and gain xp while doing so.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

Yes.

Join DaP and you can make roughly 1k an hour peak times.

44 is good enough to make decent cash.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 04-13-2018, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACEQUEST [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would be better off getting a high level character and waiting for a cash drop vs starting over and hoping to make port money. My first big 'come up' was getting a T Staff from KC. Since then I have gotten numerous CoF's, T Staffs, Fungi's, Heiro cloaks, Chest gems, ect, ect...none of this is possible on a lower level char.
This. Those saying they're making 1k an hour are lying. They might have made 1k in one hour occasionally, but they're not making 1k an hour every hour and there's a shit ton of porters on this server to compete with. You'll make more in 5 hours in a Seb pug than in 5 hours of porting.

But there's nothing wrong with making plat from porting. It's laid back and easy. It's just not the fastest.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. Those saying they're making 1k an hour are lying. They might have made 1k in one hour occasionally, but they're not making 1k an hour every hour and there's a shit ton of porters on this server to compete with. You'll make more in 5 hours in a Seb pug than in 5 hours of porting.
Respectfully disagree with the above statement.

If I spend 5 hours porting I'll bet you my earnings I make ~5k, give or take 1k. Edit: This is not just me sitting with my tag on, this is me trying to hustle OT ramp / hammer spot, EC tunnel, pick up ports from /guild, et cetera. If you just sit waiting for tells there's no way you're making 1k an hour.

Having said that, I get burnt out on ports after about an hour. I use it as supplemental plat income these days on my downtime rather than spending my entire play session porting folks.
Last edited by d3r14k; 04-13-2018 at 11:27 AM..
Old 04-13-2018, 12:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But there's nothing wrong with making plat from porting. It's laid back and easy. It's just not the fastest.
I'd say I average 750/hour when I port. I've gotten over 2k an hour when porting during prime raid times, but generally, 500-1k is about right depending on competition and how many people are on.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you know how to swarm you can make a ton of money PL'ing on your bard
I swarm well but at my current level i'd have to get a very specific subset of leveled people
Old 04-13-2018, 10:56 PM
Banned

honestly dap sounds like it's bad for your soul

wishing you well
Old 04-14-2018, 12:22 AM
Fire Giant

My druid is in DaP, although I rarely if ever port just to make plat. When I do it's usually only for a short time, maybe make a quick few hundred plat and then check on other things I can do

That being said druid is the ultimate errand boy to have. (I mean this in a good way). They travel fast, are good soloing *nowhere near enc shm or necro* but still very good, have good enough tracking to find annoying mobs, can power noobies 1 - 15 with just buffs. And if you have the will to get 60 ppl always want PotG, I've had ppl pay me 100+ plat just to cast it on them when I was just standing in the tunnel not even advertising before.

Are they the best at making plat? No... ec fatcat is the best class for that.... Actually playing the game I'd say enc and shm. But porting is lazy mode plat
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Closed Thread