Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 11:16 PM
Banned

me hope someone report dis lardp1999 guy for mean talk!!!!

no nice!!!!!
Old 08-19-2019, 11:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
me hope someone report dis lardp1999 guy for mean talk!!!!

no nice!!!!!
he's already banned for e:"something". go get a coffee with a 10/10 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-20-2019, 12:28 AM
Planar Protector

The joke was funny, because it's truthful. So many people have gotten fraudulent IP exemptions on p99. And there have been plenty of posts over the years from new players who rush to the forums and pretend to have people they are playing with, so that they can start boxing.
Old 08-20-2019, 01:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The joke was funny, because it's truthful. So many people have gotten fraudulent IP exemptions on p99. And there have been plenty of posts over the years from new players who rush to the forums and pretend to have people they are playing with, so that they can start boxing.
Yeah, there are a lot of such stories; girlfriends that 'live in an other state who only log on to cast c2 and then 'forget to log off when they went to the shops' which is why we can't perform the anti box test, not because the two characters are being ran by the same person'. Hypothetically

So OP: be careful and be strict with your family!

Make sure they all have the discipline not to log on to another family members character when playing their own. It's not worth having to restart all your characters just because someone wanted 'a quick buff/port/Rez/pl' etc but got caught boxing.

All that aside, welcome back to Norrath and have a great time!
Old 08-20-2019, 02:03 AM
Skeleton

Brings me to a question : I play a cleric my gf plays a necro. Right now we don't really give a damn but but is it really a banable offense if we log each other for a rez or summon corpse? Regardless of actual IP because we are not using the same.
Old 08-20-2019, 02:19 AM
Planar Protector

If you have fewer than 1:1 player:character I.e. She is using your cleric to Rez her necromancer while you are at the shops, yes that is banable. As alluded to above, if one of you needs to afk them camping out the character until you return will reduce chances of being accused of boxing.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:12 AM
Large Rat

Thank you all for your quick reply,
Old 08-20-2019, 06:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, there are a lot of such stories; girlfriends that 'live in an other state who only log on to cast c2 and then 'forget to log off when they went to the shops' which is why we can't perform the anti box test, not because the two characters are being ran by the same person'. Hypothetically
I saw that one of the p99 facebook group the other day, haha.
Old 08-20-2019, 07:46 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghilran [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Brings me to a question : I play a cleric my gf plays a necro. Right now we don't really give a damn but but is it really a banable offense if we log each other for a rez or summon corpse? Regardless of actual IP because we are not using the same.
Someone just made themselves a target for random IP Checks.
Old 08-20-2019, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghilran [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, it is. Having more than one char in game that you are controlling, at any time and for any reason, is bannable.