Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You just reminded me of one of my biggest turn offs for red. It u classically hurls you up into the top levels, and let's you bypass too much of the actual game. They may as well release the serpents spine and let every new red player start in a new XP highway hub. /s
No lie, if there was a good TSS private server, I would play there as well for sure.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You just reminded me of one of my biggest turn offs for red. It u classically hurls you up into the top levels, and let's you bypass too much of the actual game. They may as well release the serpents spine and let every new red player start in a new XP highway hub. /s
Yep.

Red should have been set up differently to include:

-Xp penalty as the baseline.
-Scaling xp bonus for groups with a full group letting you catch up to standard xp on blue.
-a mechanic like the gear later on live. Tradable until you equip it the no drop once you commit
-fungi tunic and the like requiring level 50 to equip (and then nodrop thereafter)
-buff limits more aggressive than classic. No buffs from anyone more than levels above you
-no heals from people more than 5-10 levels above you

The best pvp eq has to offer is crap at the low end when everyone is a nub, twinking doesn’t exist, and high level fucks can’t interfere.

Tallon Zek racial teams was amaze-balls.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 07-04-2019, 03:01 AM
Planar Protector

You have some great ideas Troxx! I rolled many a young toon on TZ!
Old 07-04-2019, 03:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No lie, if there was a good TSS private server, I would play there as well for sure.
Oh yea, TSS was the real EQ2.

This is going to sound crazy, but I wish sony had made a new server that started with TSS and didn't have any of the old expansions/content!

It's not classic though.
Old 07-04-2019, 11:17 PM
Planar Protector

If red were wiped and reborn with Tallon Zek racial rules ...

I’d play.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 07-05-2019, 09:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Farming plat on red LUL
lol i know right, half the items people listed you will probably get given to you just for playing in a guild.

please wipe that server already.
Old 07-05-2019, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

If they wipe server how would I play my druid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-27-2019, 11:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This is a very poorly thought out opinion Jimjam.

There's no exp gain or item gain for PvPing (even if item loot is on that doesn't mean you're getting anything you need), so when people spend a considerable amount of time doing it, they are not leveling or doing quests as they would be on Blue. The exp bonus on Red logically balances out all that time lost.

Besides, PvE is generally boring. The content is static. That's the point of wanting to play on a PvP server. It's not fun having to spend more time mindlessly killing NPC's. It's in fact a waste of life. Even with the exp bonus, it still takes a quite odious amount of time to level up without twinking or powerleveling. Playing on Blue without an exp bonus, but everyone being twinked out, is far more unclassic than having an exp bonus on Red. An exp bonus doesn't change the actual characteristics and difficulty of the content itself.

Without that exp bonus, the population suffers and the game becomes barren, which is the most unclassic thing of all. Red's population was by far at its highest when those changes got put in. The server would have been much better off if further "non-Classic" changes had been made as well, to improve the gameplay. Everquest is very poorly designed for PvP; there's so many things that need to be changed. Seeing as how no game company is even trying to make a well designed open-world PvP MMORPG, you'd be wise to realize that modifying the EQ game code is the best way to go if we want to make the dream a reality.
Old 07-28-2019, 01:54 AM
Planar Protector

Really strange that you say red won't thrive without XP bonus when the reality is the opposite; there used to be hundreds of regular players pvping at every level range, but now XP bonus exists the server is dead except for a dozen players with a bunch of max level alts.

Getting boosted XP and pvp is having your cake and eating it.
Old 07-28-2019, 02:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Really strange that you say red won't thrive without XP bonus when the reality is the opposite; there used to be hundreds of regular players pvping at every level range, but now XP bonus exists the server is dead except for a dozen players with a bunch of max level alts.
No. The server was dead before the XP bonus. After it was put in, the population continually increased and reached the highest it had ever been. It started dropping again 1 month after Velious came out, because of 1 guild dominating the server and no actual PvP being left at that point. <Empire> was just doing Velious PvE, <Friends> was doing Velious PvE at separate hours to avoid the zerg force, and then the remaining "casual" playerbase was stuck back in the Kunark or Old World content.