Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 12:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also does snare and sow stack now as per velious?
They do.

I realize the first post is half in jest, as much of the content on these forums is, but I want to thank you Jeni for placing this information clearly on the main forums.

I know the collective eye-rolls of R99 veterans have begun, but many new players who have found themselves fighting in 50's group PvP still do not have this very basic and effective tactic stamped into habit yet. A player without buffs is a player with one foot in the grave!

NULLIFY MAGIC

I can recall many mass fights where a force began to slip because every player thought they would be the hero to jump into the fray and start swinging/casting. Agree ahead of time on who will call targets, have them make | /gu assist me on %t | hotkeys. Hotkeys hotkeys hotkeys! Trying to cycle through 'nearest PC' in a 20 v 20 fight will get you killed. | /assist *shotcaller* | and/or | /target *designated target* |

I know not everyone is a lightning-fast typist and will not be modifying macro's mid-fight, but just having a couple pre-made | /target | hotkeys for obvious targets like enchanters/clerics will always help. Looking forward to your next post!
Last edited by Feanol; 03-31-2017 at 12:19 PM..
Old 03-31-2017, 12:15 PM
Banned

No

don't do it

I'm a virgin
Old 03-31-2017, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also does snare and sow stack now as per velious?
Nope! You mean snare and root? And root and sow? Those pairs of spells stack. Snare should overwrite sow.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:06 AM
Planar Protector

Maybe that's what I mean.

I remember that sow stacked with some movement inhibitor in velious and did not stack here for some time.

Thanks for update.

Best place to get pro tips is to ask your guild and be an open fully noobie about everything and let them give u pro tips like jenni shared here.

Join any guild and ask as many questions as u can and you will learn pvp strategies in everquest. most of them are preparedness. I have like 3X my normal HP when I am full buffed and I can self buff basically all of my slots.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread