Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-12-2024, 01:21 PM
Large Bat

You have the same processor as I do. I think it's some kind of race condition or something timing out. I solved it by doing the following:

boot to your bios
change the clock speed down so your processor is running at ~3 ghz

Now it works.

Note: changing my processor speed using other methods (gigabyte control panel, etc.) did NOT work. None of the other tips about compatibility mode, etc., worked. Only slowing my clock speed down in the BIOS. Now it works 100% of the time.
Old 02-12-2024, 03:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

That's a shame. I built a new AMD PC and have the exact same issue: "crashes to menu screen after clicking on the p1999 server I'd like to join"

Never had this issue on my previous PC and under clocking won't be an option as I do all my heavy lifting on this PC.

I know Project Quarm put in a fix for the AMD speed issue issue and it works fine for me now. But it would be great to see that on p1999 so I can access all my high level toons...

Any chance at a solution that doesn't involve changing my system BIOS?
Old 02-12-2024, 07:30 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurekaent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a shame. I built a new AMD PC and have the exact same issue: "crashes to menu screen after clicking on the p1999 server I'd like to join"

Never had this issue on my previous PC and under clocking won't be an option as I do all my heavy lifting on this PC.

I know Project Quarm put in a fix for the AMD speed issue issue and it works fine for me now. But it would be great to see that on p1999 so I can access all my high level toons...

Any chance at a solution that doesn't involve changing my system BIOS?
EDIT: I bit the bullet and changed my CPU clock speed to 4200Mhz (from the base clock of 4700Mhz) in the BIOS. It immediately fixed the problem and I was able to login to P1999 Green again...

System specs:
• AMD - Ryzen 5 7600X 6-core - 12-Thread 4.7GHz
• AMD Radeon RX 7800XT 16GB GDDR6
• MSI MPG B650 EDGE WIFI AM5 ATX Motherboard
Old 02-13-2024, 10:00 AM
Sarnak

your CPU is running to fast for the client anything over 4.2 and you will crash as youre crashing.

easiest fix - retard your CPU on your bios to 4.2. Titanium will read this number and let you in. You can also download ryzenmaster software to unretard your CPU by clicking run at default settings and titanium will still read the 4.2 and let you in while ur cpu cruises at 5+
Old 02-13-2024, 10:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurekaent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EDIT: I bit the bullet and changed my CPU clock speed to 4200Mhz (from the base clock of 4700Mhz) in the BIOS. It immediately fixed the problem and I was able to login to P1999 Green again...

System specs:
• AMD - Ryzen 5 7600X 6-core - 12-Thread 4.7GHz
• AMD Radeon RX 7800XT 16GB GDDR6
• MSI MPG B650 EDGE WIFI AM5 ATX Motherboard
now download ryeznmaster and click Apply - under the default Control mode profile - this ill keep your bio's setting to 4.2 max - but you will go back to default speeds. Titanium only reads what your bio's is capped too - you can run 4.7+

im a ryzen 9 7900x
bios capped at 4.2 - running ryeznmaster software resets to deufalt speeds - crusing at 5.7 max and P99 loves it
Old 02-16-2024, 05:08 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default same issue here

I just bought a 4090 with 64G Ram, AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-Core Processor 4.50 GHz. Game loads. Login screen works, choose server and click to load in and boom in a blink of an eye back to login screen every time.
Old 02-17-2024, 09:32 PM
Skeleton

delete player UI ini file
Old 02-17-2024, 10:27 PM
Large Bat

there is no player ui file. its on a new computer and have never made it past the server select screen.

I'm on an alienware and dell has disabled overclocking so I'm stuck at 4.5GHz which according to the forums is the problem
Old 03-15-2024, 07:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbeta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
now download ryeznmaster and click Apply - under the default Control mode profile - this ill keep your bio's setting to 4.2 max - but you will go back to default speeds. Titanium only reads what your bio's is capped too - you can run 4.7+

im a ryzen 9 7900x
bios capped at 4.2 - running ryeznmaster software resets to deufalt speeds - crusing at 5.7 max and P99 loves it
A more elegant solution would be to set BIOS as you want/can/need desired then use software profiling to downclock to 4175 on EverQuest client launch

or lesser so use as Ryzen Master - basic view > manual Control mode and reduce the speed to 4175mhz then run the game

Oooor developers could patch in a fix!
Either way unless I have missed it a sticky on this that if nothing else said AMD users(or is it instruction language based?) do not operate over 4.2ghz or X symptoms will occur

It would at least help players understand what is occurring
Last edited by Khaleesi; 03-15-2024 at 07:32 PM..
Old 03-17-2024, 09:57 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbeta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

im a ryzen 9 7900x
We got similar set ups here. Sorry for asking but I am very unsure of the settings you mean. When in BIOS it seems like clock speed is a combination of the other settings. What did you change exactly to get it down to 4.2GHZ?

Trying to use your fix because it seems to be the most logical.