Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 11:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castigate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not an alt, in fact I haven't even been playing this for 2 months.
This is really the core of the problem I have here, rather than going after whoever you are claiming that you asked for help, or posting anything on that vein, you sent me a tell that looking back was probably designed just to be screencapped. I don't know how she was tracked, hell I didn't even request her. I'm still an app to this guild.
Laughing bitterly to yourself though really doesn't surprise me, lately I'm starting to believe it's this servers favorite hobby.
I am honestly just curious about the underlined part. If you didn't request her, why would you be camping her? Or were you just in the zone at the time?

Also welcome to EQ (or welcome BACK to EQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )
Old 02-14-2013, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

He wasn't camping her OR in the zone. I asked Auena for help with "an epic fight", offering to pay for her time. She wanted to know what mob and when, and after I told her, she told me she couldn't leave her group in seb. 10 minutes later, she and a handful of other BDA were in neriak killing Verina for Castigate.

Castigate: I asked you that question because I really wanted to know the answer. The fact that you didn't even know, however, when YOU were the one getting the piece, is what is so ridiculous to me. You're an app to your guild, you're level 55, you weren't asking for Verina, you weren't trying to get her, and even when you were in 3rd gate to kill her, you still didn't even know why or how that had come to pass. And then you got to loot her.

If you don't understand how this situation would be infuriating for me, or anyone else in my shoes, then I don't even know what else to say.

After that whole incident, seeing Verina being socked by a bunch of people from random guilds the next window exasperated me enough that I couldn't resist posting my screenshots of the ridiculousness that surrounds Verina Tomb.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 02-14-2013 at 01:34 PM..
Old 02-14-2013, 01:58 PM
Sarnak

Someone else in BDA was already tracking my epic progress. When Verina was announced in guildchat I actually said it was ok not to because I'm not a full member yet. I was told to get there ASAP. At the time I had just logged on and was in EC doing a couple jewelry enchants. I didn't realize it was this huge deal everyone is making out of itl so I actually finished up doing the enchants before running over. When I got there we wiped the first time and had to pull her twice because we didn't have the people in place at first. I'm pretty sure no one else even showed up during that whole time it took us to properly do the pull. I'm really appreciative to my guild for doing that for me and I'm pretty sure that's everything that happened.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Castigate, I really don't understand why you are upset about this. Tecmos is not mad at you, he is mad that a) when he asked a few random BDA guys for help killing verina, not only did they not do anything (which would be perfectly reasonable) they then brought an app and that b) you got verina tomb (arguably the hardest and most obnoxious part of the enchanter epic) without any work at all, while most have to make mules and constantly check or poopsock or whatever. It's a perfectly reasonable reaction and it is not directed at you.

What is being directed at you is utter bafflement at why you are making a big deal out of this.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 02-14-2013, 02:28 PM
Sarnak

I'm angry because ultimately I'm being used to reflect poorly on my guild, I've pretty much tried to avoid getting involved in any drama in p1999 and I seem to be getting tossed into it. Why wouldn't I be angry? I don't even think Auena was the one that announced Verina in guildchat.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

I wouldn't worry about being used to reflect poorly on your guild, by now BDA has practically the worst rep on the server.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 02-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Banned

rep on this server is apparently quantifed by how many trolls you employ to defame your competition on these boards. if your competition makes one post, your trolls must make ten posts denying, deflecting, and derailing what they say in order to make the truth disappear or be rewritten.

Castigate, ignore Loraen. He is culpable as an employee of the tmo juggernaught when he sold his soul for vp loot rights in a deal with the devil. He is basically forced to post negatively in any BDA concerned thread by written contract.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rep on this server is apparently quantifed by how many trolls you employ to defame your competition on these boards. if your competition makes one post, your trolls must make ten posts denying, deflecting, and derailing what they say in order to make the truth disappear or be rewritten.

Castigate, ignore Loraen. He is culpable as an employee of the tmo juggernaught when he sold his soul for vp loot rights in a deal with the devil. He is basically forced to post negatively in any BDA concerned thread by written contract.

Or perhaps rep is defined by how you treat others. As of late BDA isn't doing so hot in that arena
Old 02-14-2013, 05:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castigate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm angry because ultimately I'm being used to reflect poorly on my guild, I've pretty much tried to avoid getting involved in any drama in p1999 and I seem to be getting tossed into it. Why wouldn't I be angry? I don't even think Auena was the one that announced Verina in guildchat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't worry about being used to reflect poorly on your guild, by now BDA has practically the worst rep on the server.

Way to go castigate
Old 02-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loraen, I'm letting you know right now that as a new player within the past 2 months, I've looked forward to your solo challenges / duo challenges. I like them and find them creative and look forward to sharing those.

But I'm puttin my 2 cents in about BDA for any other new players looking for other opinions on them. I looked forward to applying for a couple of months because of how helpful random members were to me and other newbs I level'd with over the course of my P99 experience so far. They are nothing but helpful and polite.

The problem here I'm noticing after reading RnF for that whole leveling process so far, is that all rare mobs and all raid encounters are simply cut throat. There are rules in place, follow them. If you don't have thick enough skin to handle it and dust things off as a bad experience, then at least stop trying to smear your bad attitude across a server already filled with enough of it.

P.S. Trains happen. It's part of EQ. Just enjoy the game.

Recoome Kaboom - ?? Shadow Knight (Ogre)
Tierael Div`launim - 40 Cleric (Dark Elf)
Last edited by Tierael; 02-14-2013 at 05:52 PM..
Closed Thread