Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technique [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's utterly irrelevant whether they're volunteers or not, whether it's a commercial game or not, so spare me that specious line of reasoning. Regardless of how or why the staff came to be in their positions, they still have the exact same responsibilities to the game and its players.

I am entitled. As are you. As is every person who plays this server. We're entitled to governance by staff who take their responsibilities seriously enough not to codify half-baked ideas into external rules on a whim with no prior conversation with the community.

Koster touches on this in his article describing the rights of players in virtual worlds.
I don't expect anyone to read that or do anything but dismiss it out of hand, but it's relevant to recent events here, so there it is.

On the subject of being toxic, every jackass who can't stanch his stupidity long enough to resist derailing threads discussing these issues by accusing other players of misdeeds with no evidence, mislabeling people and their motives, propagandizing for change under the pretense of benefiting the community as a whole, or just uselessly spouting the latest witless internet idioms isn't merely toxic to the community—

they are a fucking disease.
I'm sorry, but you aren't entitled to shit. Have fun playing on your FREE server and stfu. Or you can go play live, or make your own server. Until YOU actually have something to do with the development or server maintenance, you take a back seat to what the staff wants to do. If they wanted to enforce a mod where we all had to wear pink hats and dresses, guess what you'll be doing and you'll enjoy it or gtfo. Plain and simple.

TLDR
You're not entitled to anything, you can suggest but you can't demand.
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 01-04-2014, 02:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eslade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLDR
You're not entitled to anything, you can suggest but you can't demand.
You hold a mistaken connotation of the word "entitled", but that's typical of most people who've taken to bandying around the term in recent years.

I'd go to the trouble of explaining further if your other posts didn't indicate to me that it'd be a lost cause. You are the disease.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technique [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You hold a mistaken connotation of the word "entitled", but that's typical of most people who've taken to bandying around the term in recent years.

I'd go to the trouble of explaining further if your other posts didn't indicate to me that it'd be a lost cause. You are the disease.
en·ti·tle (n-ttl)
tr.v. en·ti·tled, en·ti·tling, en·ti·tles
1. To give a name or title to.
2. To furnish with a right or claim to something: The coupon entitles the bearer to a 25 percent savings. Every citizen is entitled to equal protection under the law.

What part am I not getting? It's a lost cause because your argument is flimsy at best and you know it. Now go play on your free server and calm down.
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Closed Thread