Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Fire Giant

Whether or not training is against the server rules (it is), posting a screenie in RnF of your own guild-member telling other guild-members that he's going to "help (another guild) fear their mobs" -- after he *didn't* actually train them -- is completely pussified. You might as well post a screenie of someone /tell'ing you that they're going to /shout 'fuck' in EC. Cursing in public channels is also against server rules.

The only way screenshots of someone privately telling someone else about their intent to break server rules is relevant is if:
a) they do what they said they were going to do,
b) they talk about breaking server rules via 3rd party software, or
c) the controversy is of sufficient interest to the rest of the server

None of that works here. The guildie never ended up training your rival guild. There was no 3rd party software involved. And I believe the rest of the server stands behind me when I officially state that nobody gives a fuck about TMO and Dozekar competing for trash mobs in Fear. They repop in 8 hours and their gear will be largely obsolete in a month. This isn't exactly IB vs DA for Dojo.

The fact is, you betrayed the trust given to you with your /guildinvite, and you brought things to RnF when -- clearly -- had you wanted to solve this dilemma rather than grandstand to the server, you would have posted it on the guild forums. This comes from someone with absolutely no ties to Dozekar and no problem with TMO. I am a completely unbiased observer. A good scandal would have made for a great thread, but this shit is boring.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Sarnak

pfft, cthulu got a monsoon when he was an app. no matter what, he should always have mad love for dozekar.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

It's no secret that Dozekar pulls lame shit like this in the planes.

He was just confirming what we knew all along. It doesn't matter that he held back on that occasion.

You do realize this guy does this shit all the time, right? I have no idea why you're trying to cover up for him. To be honest you're embarassing yourself.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:31 PM
Fire Giant

*Embarrassing

I'm hardly covering up. There's nothing to cover. Nothing happened. I couldn't care less about Exeno or Sevilious. And no, I don't realize that he does this shit all the time, because I'm not real interested in who kills a_gorgon_08 on a nightly basis. I also don't know who has got dibs on AC, frenzied, Efreeti, or dhampyre. If he does do this shit all the time, then someone should fraps or screenshot him and present it to a GM. Or hell, post it on here, and I'll roast him for you.

But whether or not this guy is an awful human being is completely independent of the information presented in this thread. This thread shows that he told his guild -- in a mildly humorous manner -- that he was going to train/fear mobs/mess with TMO, then never did. That's it and that's all. Not real damning.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldolma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The only way screenshots of someone privately telling someone else about their intent to break server rules is relevant is if:
a) they do what they said they were going to do,
b) they talk about breaking server rules via 3rd party software, or
c) the controversy is of sufficient interest to the rest of the server
You go to law school, brew? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-28-2011, 12:18 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

He got fraps'd the other night doing it in Hate. Hobby did come, and shortly after Dozekar left.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uterus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He got fraps'd the other night doing it in Hate. Hobby did come, and shortly after Dozekar left.
Sounds like a more interesting thread.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:13 AM
Fire Giant

It's not.

I do like a good fraps though.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do like a good faps though.
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 02-28-2011, 07:56 AM
Sarnak

Always fun to see this kind of drama get escalated beyond where it needs to be. The entire premise of this post is weak. Morons will train other guilds, wipes will happen, and people who feel the need to be mad important in a game will talk shit. The rest of us are just having a good time.

Move along, folks, nothing to see here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.
Closed Thread