Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagglebaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like having almost every other cleric, Druid, Necro etc walking around with these things will really take some of the air out of the classic sails. These classes basically won’t have downtime and will have less reliance on working with others to tackle content. Let’s avoid that kind of inflation on the fresh classic server we’ve waited ten years for please.
That wont happen even if the drop rate is normalized.

Is everyone who camps AM getting a robe after 1 session? Usually not, same w other rare loots but at least its possible and likely to see a drop within 20 hours unlike this unclassic madness.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

I mean half the server being an Enchanter, druid, mage or Necro is itself pretty wind in classic sails killing as far as immersion goes.

People know more now and will play the game differently than people did 20 years ago. I know people want to have a classic experience of seeing someone use a Manastone or a Guise or a Pegasus Cloak and be awed because it was a rare sight back in the day to find someone who possessed these items. But their rarity wasn’t due to the drop rate but the knowledge of where they dropped and in the cases of legacy items how briefly they dropped.

If you want that classic awe wait until Kunark and look for mage, Necro, wizard, Enchanter and warrior epics. Those will be classicly rare due to how rare the raid pieces were and the RESPAWN time on those raid mobs.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:33 PM
Kobold

I love how people are concerned that this item is game breaking. 1) It isn't. 2) The drop rate on blue was the same as it is on green and teal. So basically if we had the CORRECT drop rate we would STILL have fewer manastones (once all servers are merged) than we should have.
Old 11-12-2019, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Telin was pretty clear that he wanted more evidence to implement change, just saying 'it makes sense that it isn't ultra rare' isn't evidence. Knowing what the drop rate is set to right now won't do you any good.
Can you ask him what evidence he had to change it to start with? The drop rate was higher on Red, which was P99's last manastone occurrence. I camped and witnessed several manastones dropping a day on Red which featured no line or wait list at times.

Here's what I think, someone on the dev team purposely reduced the drop rate for Green to this super low number without having evidence to do so.

In the end, all these people are suffering. I am only level 23 so this does not currently affect me but I have a friend who has been there 30+ hours already and he's like the 3rd one on the list...it's unhealthy and insane, the list system combined with the super low drop rate.

So, Sunderfury, can you find out who dev'd the Red launch and ask them what P99 had the drop rate then and use that number? I mean if he is saying he needs more evidence to change things, where was the evidence he received to adjust it to the % rate it is now?

Summary: change the drop rate to what it was on Red launch.
Old 11-12-2019, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

I guess you guys need my help huh.
Old 11-12-2019, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess you guys need my help huh.
Yes, they do...my friend is at 50 hours in, no help....#2 on the list now. You can help save a life on this one, lol.

PS - also see if you can find evidence of EE spawn rate, not just drop rate...but anything you can find would be appreciated and amazing.
Last edited by skorge; 11-12-2019 at 06:42 PM..
Old 11-12-2019, 06:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliverator [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love how people are concerned that this item is game breaking. 1) It isn't. 2) The drop rate on blue was the same as it is on green and teal. So basically if we had the CORRECT drop rate we would STILL have fewer manastones (once all servers are merged) than we should have.
How is having 20% drops running 24/7 across two servers that will become one again less manastones than we should have? Blue was a very abnormal server. That would be a fuckton of manastones flooding remerged green. I can already see groups excluding casters without a stone as it becomes easier and easier to find one who does have a manastone.
Old 11-12-2019, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleztheAndal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is having 20% drops running 24/7 across two servers that will become one again less manastones than we should have? Blue was a very abnormal server. That would be a fuckton of manastones flooding remerged green. I can already see groups excluding casters without a stone as it becomes easier and easier to find one who does have a manastone.
Why not just completely remove it then? Lol. If it's classic, leave it classic. Right now, Green has the drop rate WAY too low. It's not classic.

Classic is classic, like it or hate it. If the server ends up with too many stones, so what. Look at blue. There's like a gazillion fungi tunics on it. People still love it.
Old 11-12-2019, 07:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not just completely remove it then? Lol. If it's classic, leave it classic. Right now, Green has the drop rate WAY too low. It's not classic.

Classic is classic, like it or hate it. If the server ends up with too many stones, so what. Look at blue. There's like a gazillion fungi tunics on it. People still love it.
Blue is a fucking bloated monstrosity of a server. It’s the best available by a country mile before green, but now that we have green we should try to stay as far away from what Blue was/became as possible. The staff have went with selectively classic/non classic decisions many times before, this should be one of those times now that green has teal doubling up the manastone camps and they are on literal 24/7 farm.
Last edited by WaffleztheAndal; 11-12-2019 at 07:08 PM..
Old 11-13-2019, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

People seem very fixated on the idea that people get exclusionary when grouping with certain things they already see as bad. Manastones, Hybrid Penalty, Ragebringer alts of old, and AAs come to mind on these forums. I don’t think the rare instances where someone was excluded from a group are part of the norm. Most people just want warm bodies to fill slots as doing content of appropriate level with a full group is almost always trivial regardless of the combination of classes and gear involved. I’ve grouped a lot on green and never had someone speak up rejecting someone for gear or hybrid penalty. I’m sure it’s happened but it’s not the norm.

Contrarily you might even see people being more inclusive for example you may accept a Druid to heal your Efreeti group if they have a Manastone, due to a non-Manastone Druids inability for keep up, reserving that healer slot only for clerics. Or you may be inclined to invite the wizard whose DPS is awful compared to a monk or rogue because they’re able to put out just a little more once they have a Manastone. There are pros to Manastones being more prevalent.

But in reality, I still think it makes no sense for this item to be so rare when nothing else in classic matches this behavior. It seems like a custom change that was made to artificially keep the stones rare, which I don’t quite understand.

If the reason is immersion, it would’ve been better to throw the stone on a random 35+ named that isn’t frequented much in classic, and let people figure it out. This would more match the classic experience where not knowing where an item would drop was a big factor as Eratii posted above.

If the reason was balance concerns there are plenty of more impactful items than an item limited to classic zones that don’t see much level 55+ traffic after Kunark and Velious launch, which is over 70% of the servers projected lifespan. As mentioned above things like any click SoulFire/Reaper, Circlet of Shadows, Locket of Escape, Global Cooldown removal, Vendor recharging, Midnight Mallets, Puppet Strings, Monk Defensive tables etc etc are all classic legacy or bugs that have far greater reaching impacts on the games balance than this one item. Yet as of now none of these have been changed.

Make the Manastone match the drop rate of other LGuk rares and let the server play out. There’s no need for an artificially rare drop rate on this item.
Closed Thread