Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 07-14-2023, 03:08 PM
Banned

I'm not baler but yes you get it
Old 07-14-2023, 03:11 PM
Banned

No way - l woulda sworn. Apologies for the mistaken identity.

Wonder what happened to that guy
Old 07-14-2023, 03:29 PM
Banned

Somebody started calling me baler cause I guess I said something that reminded them of baler, because sometimes different people say similar things.
Old 07-14-2023, 04:46 PM
Banned

Makes sense.

Back on topic real quick. I personally am not opposed to a new server. I just wouldn't play on it.

Daybreaks TLP scene has trained folks to want new servers. As best as I can tell however, P99 devs do things at their own pace. I doubt we'll see a new server for some time. Definitely not this year.

I'd rather enjoy what is free now than envy a 'grass is greener' future that will be more of the same.
Old 07-14-2023, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Makes sense.

Back on topic real quick. I personally am not opposed to a new server. I just wouldn't play on it.

Daybreaks TLP scene has trained folks to want new servers. As best as I can tell however, P99 devs do things at their own pace. I doubt we'll see a new server for some time. Definitely not this year.

I'd rather enjoy what is free now than envy a 'grass is greener' future that will be more of the same.
Daybreak has no influence any most anyone here. People want new server for a variety of reasons. For me, I like playing before everyone is twinked out. Classic for the most part prevents crazy twinking anyhow. Grouping is way more popular when fungi's and amazing twink weapons don't exist.
Old 07-14-2023, 05:09 PM
Banned

There are plenty of reasons why folks would want a new server. Not knocking your preferences. You have valid concerns and population numbers reflect that. Wanting a fresh start is normal after some time. But things aren't dire yet and won't be for a little while.

I think you may underappreciate Daybreaks influence on player expectations even if most p99 players prefer EQ the way p99 devs do things here. Expectation of fresh servers is not something we as the player base can expect to occur often. P99 devs run on their own clock not that of the player base. Given Blue and Green (also Teal) - Red doesn't count - are the only 2 and half servers p99 has put out to the public its hard to demand another server for free so soon.

I personally feel that Classic prior to Kunark is too small of a world. I understand that some like the original design best though. In classic once you've killed both dragons if Plane of Air hasn't dropped yet there isn't much left to do.

The closest to what you are searching for on this server are the self found guilds. C'est le vie
Old 07-14-2023, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are plenty of reasons why folks would want a new server. Not knocking your preferences. You have valid concerns and population numbers reflect that. Wanting a fresh start is normal after some time. But things aren't dire yet and won't be for a little while.

I think you may underappreciate Daybreaks influence on player expectations even if most p99 players prefer EQ the way p99 devs do things here. Expectation of fresh servers is not something we as the player base can expect to occur often. P99 devs run on their own clock not that of the player base. Given Blue and Green (also Teal) - Red doesn't count - are the only 2 and half servers p99 has put out to the public its hard to demand another server for free so soon.

I personally feel that Classic prior to Kunark is too small of a world. I understand that some like the original design best though. In classic once you've killed both dragons if Plane of Air hasn't dropped yet there isn't much left to do.

The closest to what you are searching for on this server are the self found guilds. C'est le vie
I don't think things are dire at all. If a new green never opens, I'll still play from time to time, but it's not nearly as much fun as new server. As for Daybreak, I think you severely overestimate how many p99 players care at all about them. I couldn't tell you a single thing about what Daybreak is up to in the last several years.
Old 07-14-2023, 05:31 PM
Banned

I'm one of those players that couldn't tell you what if anything Daybreak has or hasn't been up to.

That said it would be naive of me if I didn't understand the company that owns the rights to EQ doesn't impact things at least indirectly.

I don't think p99 players care about Daybreak. I do think we are influenced by Daybreak.
Old 07-17-2023, 09:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Somebody started calling me baler cause I guess I said something that reminded them of baler, because sometimes different people say similar things.
Which previously banned forum account are you then?