Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Sarnak

Ohhh, car references.

Now that you've pried the turtle wax out from under your nails and put those fingers to the keys, let's discuss your ideas on pathing, bugged quests, and the like.

You're certainly right. Pathing is not at all the way it was, on Live servers. Some mobs don't move along the same routes. Some are stationary when on Live they did move. Changing all these things to fit Classic is well within the devs' vision of how the server should work, according to posts they've made on the subject. The server's purpose is to emulate Classic EverQuest, not necessarily to please the players, but to please the devs. Look that up! If you can't, I'll find it.. just for you.

Lastly... that quest I mentioned? I gotta say no thanks to a version of the quest developed off the cuff. The Scroll of G`han can rot in Felwithe.

If you want to make up a server that does all sorta magical stuff, go do just that. It's called Project 1999 for a reason.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:57 AM
Banned

Bro, I mentioned a million times now I don't give a flying fuck if they give human a 500% negative exp penalty. I don't play one.
Nor do I want magical things added just so I can wet my fingers to it.

I am just saying it's ignorant to see a problem with something and just say "oh well it was fucked up then, lets leave it fucked up"

And you're correct if they don't wanna fix it. lol I don't care. I was only giving my opinion....and seeing as how I can't write code that opinion stops at these forums doesn't it ?

Don't get all "before I've had my coffee" on me and shit.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:07 AM
Sarnak

I'll say it... again.

When you start changing little things about how the game was, sooner or later it stops being the game it was and changes into something else.

Well gee, it sure is hard for troll SKs to get to 50. Yup, it sure is. It's probably even a little unfair. Let's change that.

A prevailing argument in this thread is, "Five percent is such a tiny amount, nobody'd even notice if we changed it!" Then why does it matter at all? And what's next, after that? The more crap the devs hand players, the more the players will want. That's how MMO players are. That's how people are.

There was a loooooot of broken shit in this game, and tlot of that broken shit contributes to its charm. There's a lot of race imbalance, and class imbalance too. The last thing I want to hear is, "D00d paladin dps is lo compaered 2 SKs plz fix lol" horseshit. So fuck humans, fuck the lucky little midgets, and just try not to make a mess.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal-Elf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
However, if the quest you wasted a month on was able to be fixed on P99 and work properly....would that not be something you'd want?

Just a little clarification on this one.

They never so much as implemented a quest. They left the opening dialogue and never finished it. Sony removed the NPC's response to "Who is Innoruuk?" three years later due to complaints.

The exact same shit happened in ChardokB, years later. More busted quests with no final answer. They're still there, moldering with the enormous undead chokidai.

Sony was so half-assed, but that's EQ for ya.. the many hours I spent trying to figure out unsolvable quests were good times.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:17 AM
Banned

lol think I'll have to agree this time lol. just fuck em all =)

I was just argueing on the side of decency.....but maybe you're right Classic EQ wasn't decent at all so I give up lol
Closed Thread