Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 05:45 AM
Banned

Default The Slaadi Lords of D&D

When I played Dungeons and Dragons my favorite part was going to the planes. Challenging the Gods on their own turf. Limbo is the chaos plane.

The Chaos plane is mostly populated by Slaadi. Slaadi are bread in giant pit of breading overseen by the Slaadi Lords. The Slaadi Lords are the most powerful Slaadi.

The Slaadi Lords have fixed the breeding. So that none of the chaos of Limbo can manifest a more powerful Slaadi than them. All the Slaadi comes in very certain varieties: Green, Blue, Red. They can train to Grey or maybe even eventually Black Slaadi.

241slaad4e.jpg

But the Slaadi Lords really fear is something that they cannot categorize will spawn. Which happens periodically despite their best efforts. These are targeted when found, because if you cant categorize a new Slaadi...something may slip threw that could challenge the lords.

241ygorl.jpg
Last edited by JurisDictum; 01-13-2018 at 05:54 AM..
Old 01-13-2018, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I played Dungeons and Dragons, my favorite part was going to the planes. Challenging the Gods on their own turf. Limbo is the chaos plane.

The Chaos plane is mostly populated by Slaadi. Slaadi are bred in a giant pit of breeding overseen by the Slaadi Lords. The Slaadi Lords are the most powerful Slaadi.

The Slaadi Lords have fixed the breeding so that none of the chaos of Limbo can manifest a more powerful Slaad than them. The Slaadi come in three varieties: Green, Blue, and Red. They can train to become Grey or maybe even eventually Black Slaadi.

Attachment 9326

But what the Slaadi Lords really fear is that something they cannot categorize will spawn. This happens periodically despite their best efforts. These are targeted when found, because if you can't categorize a new Slaad...something may slip through that could challenge the lords.

Attachment 9327
Fixed some English errors. OP is clearly very intelligent, so I'll guess English is not his first language.
Last edited by Videri; 01-13-2018 at 10:47 AM..
Old 01-13-2018, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

A Chaos plane where the breeding is controlled to ensure that nothing unexpected is ever born to challenge the norm should probably be called something else. Anything else. The Plane of Fascism, maybe.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

I love the old D&D drawings from Monster Manual, Field Folio, Deities and Demigods, etc. Those books were epic and on a level no other gaming books will ever reach.

I enjoyed reading the lore and mythology in the D&D books, they were really fun reads. All the different monsters, gods, goddesses etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A Chaos plane where the breeding is controlled to ensure that nothing unexpected is ever born to challenge the norm should probably be called something else. Anything else. The Plane of Fascism, maybe.
Well Slaadi come in a couple varieties sure (maybe "breeds" is a better word), but there is a lot of randomness in those varieties. Some might have 2 heads or snakes for arms etc..

Even then there is still unique Slaadi. It's just that there was (in the fine print of one book I can't even remember) a story about how the current Slaadi lords found a way to fix the breeding pit.

It's not common knowledge for players in a given campaign or anything...that's like red pill shit.

Slaadi are just one inhabitant in Limbo....but they are the main one. Slaadi are kind of like Devils to the Nine Hells, or Deamons to the Abyss, or Celestials in the 7 heavens. They represent the plane in a way but its not the only thing there.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love the old D&D drawings from Monster Manual, Field Folio, Deities and Demigods, etc. Those books were epic and on a level no other gaming books will ever reach.

I enjoyed reading the lore and mythology in the D&D books, they were really fun reads. All the different monsters, gods, goddesses etc.
The reason I play eq is cus the art reminds me of the shit drawings in the old d&d I played as a kid.

Hell the parts where you walk around velious and text pops up: “Water drips from the stalactite to the stalagmite”

I think, bruh this is a video game, you can MAKE water drip from the stalagmite.

But also it’s what makes me feel immersed and like I’m playing old d&d, so I wouldn’t want it any other way.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:26 PM
Banned

I’ve never played D&D but obviously admired the art and ideas/games that D&D influenced throughout my life.

Hell, I wish I could remember the name of it; but there was some type of choose your own RPG adventure book series in the early 90s? that involved dice rolling for battles while you read the book. Shit was epic.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:56 PM
Banned

I no longer enjoy d&d because the human mind is slow to process actions with dice rolls and most people get drunk or high and I lose my patience also they are often very unimaginative and don't even really. Role play ugh
Old 01-13-2018, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz~Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve never played D&D but obviously admired the art and ideas/games that D&D influenced throughout my life.

Hell, I wish I could remember the name of it; but there was some type of choose your own RPG adventure book series in the early 90s? that involved dice rolling for battles while you read the book. Shit was epic.
This reminds me of the d&d books that had multiple choices periodically to determine different scenarios as you read the book. No dice rolling though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz~Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lone wolf, my nurga?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by mickmoranis; 01-13-2018 at 08:32 PM..
Closed Thread