Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 03:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the point was competition, they'd actually try to foster competition instead of domination. The point is to win as much as possible while having an audience to feel better than.
We're the ones consistently arguing to keep competitive aspects to raids, constantly going up against 5+ other guilds arguing for /random rolls or straight up rotations. We do want competition.

We also want to dominate - as would every other guild in a winning position. It's not to "feel better than" anybody else. It's to be the best at what we do.

We're the best guild on the server at using a small pool of skillful players to reliably come out on top when facing off against huge swathes of zerging players.

We kill more targets, we do it with fewer players, and we share the loot around so much we get slated for having 4th and 5th alts better geared than mains in other guilds.

Don't be one of the sheeple falling for the RnF propaganda from the Baylan's of this world.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On a very recent cycle Riot had more players than Aftermath, Azure Guard had more players than Aftermath, and Riot and Azure Guard still teamed up to bully us.

We had a 70-something man lean strike force vs a 170+ man zerg.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Omg that picture is horrid!
Old 06-10-2019, 03:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're the ones consistently arguing to keep competitive aspects to raids, constantly going up against 5+ other guilds arguing for /random rolls or straight up rotations. We do want competition.

We also want to dominate - as would every other guild in a winning position. It's not to "feel better than" anybody else. It's to be the best at what we do.

We're the best guild on the server at using a small pool of skillful players to reliably come out on top when facing off against huge swathes of zerging players.

We kill more targets, we do it with fewer players, and we share the loot around so much we get slated for having 4th and 5th alts better geared than mains in other guilds.

Don't be one of the sheeple falling for the RnF propaganda from the Baylan's of this world.
There are multiple behaviors that AM engages in that give away which is more important to you, competiton or domination, such as going after targets while your competiton is asleep or sending tells to players in rival guilds attempting to recruit them.

Look, I'm not saying AM doesn't want competiton at all, I'm just saying it's not at the top of your list.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look, I'm not saying AM doesn't want competiton at all, I'm just saying it's not at the top of your list.
Top of our list is to have fun with friends [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-10-2019, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Whens theres competition theirs winners and losers. If there was not, then it isnt competition. Just cause we win doesnt mean there isnt competition. I dont understand the confusion here.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:58 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Just imagine
Old 06-10-2019, 04:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whens theres competition theirs winners and losers. If there was not, then it isnt competition. Just cause we win doesnt mean there isnt competition. I dont understand the confusion here.
The argument wasn't about the existence of competition, it was about whether AM wants competiton or simply wants to win while feeling like they beat the other guy.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 06-10-2019, 04:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
The argument wasn't about the existence of competition, it was about whether AM wants competiton or simply wants to win while feeling like they beat the other guy.
"Oh no, the competition has beat us at the current meta for x mob. Instead of getting better and winning it back, lets change the meta so we can win again" - Aftermath

also, inb4 Detoxx starts saying AG has a cheater but provides no evidence. You'd think you'd learn to not do that when you got accused and acquitted of the saaame thing. but /shrug

<Gravity>
Old 06-10-2019, 04:30 PM
Sarnak

y'all want the rules to change when you cant compete (asking for ST rotations, change statue CotH race because you lost) but you don't want the rules to change when others cant compete.

If you give a hoot about competition you'd be wanting to make changes preemptively, not reactively. Everyone knows sitting on a CotH bot and staring at a computer screen for up to 16 hours is unhealthy. But why change that when you're winning it? Oh, but why keep it when you're losing?

As much as I loved watching Furoar and Octaveous do the Coth/FTE duo with great success, I much prefer something that requires skill over reaction time. Foot races allow for that. Not perfect, but WAY better than CotH races.

Its like ring war, there is 0 skill in clickfest. its all reaction time vs eye strain. Glad it changed. We didnt even get to do our ring war on our cycle time because of an unlucky pop, but I 100% think its better. Its not perfect, but far better.

<Gravity>
Old 06-10-2019, 06:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Naw. I wasn’t even on the server in 2017. And Michigan School for the Deaf never kicked Michigan in the teeth.
Go Blue! Haters gunna hate!

I'm not playing as much these days but I have a feeling that if someone busted out the famed "OgreMath" of the Tempest days, laughs could be had...

proceed with the trolling