Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 11:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. Yes! Please implement moon kitties and zones that make it so the old world zones are irrelevant. And also implement the Luclin spires so the community is broken when we don't need druids and wizards anymore.

Sounds great....

/smh
Spires are PoP, so Wizards and Druids still relevant to get around once on the moon.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by btravis1990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spires are PoP, so Wizards and Druids still relevant to get around once on the moon.
The nexus translocatong npcs are luclin. PoP is travel books.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:02 PM
Fire Giant

Can we at least pretend to keep blue classic please my gorsh
Old 10-01-2019, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by btravis1990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spire translocators are Shadows of Luclin my friend.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Myself, it's not so much the rangers & paladins that i'm against. It's more the halflings & gnomes.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
The automatic "suck everyone in the area to Nexus" (which made Wizard ports fun) behavior started in Luclin. Tox, NK, GFay, and DL all had ports that fired off every 15 minutes.

PoP added the books, at which point druids and wizards went from being useful transportation classes to nearly superfluous, except for powerlevelling SoW bots (druids), and Hate/Sky - which were only entered for Epics, really - wizards. Why raid in a zone you need to spend a bunch of plat per-group to get in when you can just click a book in the new expansion everyone bought and hey look at all this shiny new gear that's better?

We went from Rangers and Rogues whining that they were useless (in Classic) to Druids and Wizards whining that they were useless. The difference is Rangers and Rogues eventually got pumped in Kunark / Velious, enough that they're not the pariahs they were on classic.

There's a reason this server stops at Velious. To paraphrase the Matrix, There is no Moon.

If you wanna be a mooncat, TAKP is a functioning project, and also supports 3-boxing, pet windows, keyrings, cycle targets, and the like. Their client is also period-correct so you have fewer limitations than the Titanium client all the other emu servers use - none of this high-falutin /autoinventory goodness, which I'm sure is next on the chopping block.

Their population is also a lot lower than P99's.

The reason why is an exercise for the reader.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:15 PM
Banned

"It was almost there!"
Old 10-01-2019, 12:30 PM
Fire Giant

There is already at least one halfling paladin on red99
Old 10-01-2019, 12:46 PM
Banned

Um no
Old 10-01-2019, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what happens when you cater to the whining of a few people that want the project to derail its original vision. Expect more of them to come out of the wood-works and ask/demand non-classic era content now that they see that the devs will back off.
Rogean is ... not the type to "back off". In fact, to those of us who have been here awhile, the pet window reversal on Blue was actually kind of shocking.

But as he explained, the reason he "backed off" there was not because of the pressure: he's resisted pressure for a decade. He backed off because both pet windows and custom UI were "gray", or almost classic: they came out with Luclin, which of course was the first thing after Green's "classic" window. And the plan has always been for Blue to be "Classic+" ... it's just R&N have never elaborated on what that meant, except to imply some kind of custom content.

If you've read Rogean's/Nilbog's posts on the topic, the two are (to put it extremely mildly) not a fan of cats on the moon. They're also not a fan of stuff like easier teleportation mechanisms (eg. spires, PoK books) or soul binders, because while they add convenience, they do so at a cost of reducing player interaction, making the virtual world feel smaller, and really just making it a different game.

The cats on the moon part ... that just seems like personal/subjective/irrational hated they have [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But my point is, don't worry: they'll do what they want with their box.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My theory is, they're just still deciding where exactly they want to draw the line on Blue when it comes to stuff that is "gray". They made a call with pet windows and custom UI: they don't fundamentally change the "classic game" in ways they care about. They have yet to make a call about other stuff, like Halfling Rangers and Gnome Shadowknights ... and if I were them, I'd be worried about Green right now, and would make such decisions later on.

Maybe they'll take the well-reasoned arguments made by posters here into consideration when deciding that.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-01-2019 at 12:49 PM..
Closed Thread