Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogean is ... not the type to "back off". In fact, to those of us who have been here awhile, the pet window reversal on Blue was actually kind of shocking.

But as he explained, the reason he "backed off" there was not because of the pressure: he's resisted pressure for a decade. He backed off because both pet windows and custom UI were "gray", or almost classic: they came out with Luclin, which of course was the first thing after Green's "classic" window. And the plan has always been for Blue to be "Classic+" ... it's just R&N have never elaborated on what that meant, except to imply some kind of custom content.

If you've read Rogean's/Nilbog's posts on the topic, the two are (to put it extremely mildly) not a fan of cats on the moon. They're also not a fan of stuff like easier teleportation mechanisms (eg. spires, PoK books) or soul binders, because while they add convenience, they do so at a cost of reducing player interaction, making the virtual world feel smaller, and really just making it a different game.

The casts on the moon part ... that just seems like personal/subjective/irrational hated they have [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But my point is, don't worry: they'll do what they want with their box.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My theory is, they're just still deciding where exactly they want to draw the line on Blue when it comes to stuff that is "gray". They made a call with pet windows and custom UI: they don't fundamentally change the "classic game" in ways they care about. They have yet to make a call about other stuff, like Halfling Rangers and Gnome Shadowknights ... and if I were them, I'd be worried about Green right now, and would make such decisions later on.

Maybe they'll take the well-reasoned arguments made by posters here into consideration when deciding that ... but ultimately:
Okay, thanks. I'm doing laundry now so I have to go.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:52 PM
Banned

your gif selections are missing a certain je ne sais quoi lad
Old 10-01-2019, 01:21 PM
Fire Giant

They also backed off on target cycling. I think R&N see Blue as a lost cause by this point. It’s done, all the future classic changes will be Green only and Blue will just be a empty backwater server for the 3 - 4 obsessive raiding guilds that want nothing to ever change again.

Personally, I don’t blame them.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Halfing paladin
Honestly, I think halfling shadowknights make more sense. Bear with me...

The cleric religious centre in Rivervale is the Church of Mischief. Sure, mischief could be used for good, an entertainment to improve someones day.

But lets face it. Bristlebane isn't about that. He is about pranks and cons. He takes his enjoyment from the misery of others. Cheating luck, laughing at physical harm to others.

What is Harm Touch other than the ultimate conclusion of the electro buzzer hand shake?
Old 10-01-2019, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The cleric religious centre in Rivervale is the Church of Mischief. Sure, mischief could be used for good, an entertainment to improve someones day.

But lets face it. Bristlebane isn't about that. He is about pranks and cons. He takes his enjoyment from the misery of others. Cheating luck, laughing at physical harm to others.

What is Harm Touch other than the ultimate conclusion of the electro buzzer hand shake?
Yes to all of this.

However, Samwise Gamgee would have been a paladin, so there.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes to all of this.

However, Samwise Gamgee would have been a paladin, so there.
Sam was no paladin; he needed no phony god behind his back... he was the absolute deity of a hobbit that CARRIED the fellowship and singlehandedly defeated Sauron.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sam was no paladin; he needed no phony god behind his back... he was the absolute deity of a hobbit that CARRIED the fellowship and singlehandedly defeated Sauron.
Samwise Gamgee WAS God!!!!
Old 10-01-2019, 02:05 PM
Fire Giant

Wood Elf Monks for Blue99!

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 10-01-2019, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Quote:

Hmmmm interesting. Honestly it would be cool to see *both* halfling paladins and SKs, with both worshippng Bristlebane. Imagine them all training under the same god, in the same building, on the same faction lol. Kinda poking fun at the seriousness with which other knights approach their training, as well as their place in the world [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-01-2019, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

You just KNOW that Samwise laid hands on Frodo at some point
Closed Thread