Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 02:38 PM
Large Bat

Default P99 Custom Content, What idea do you have?

Sirken keeps throwing out ideas about a customer content. Who knows if it will ever happen but what would you add?

My friend and I were chatting and we never knew why city leaders in velious got sweet loot but city leaders of each city like Kelethin, Freeport etc, never got added as a raid target.

I would add:

A city leader that drops raid loot on each city in Norath.

What would you add or like to see?
Old 10-03-2018, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

King Ak`Anon

End game raid boss
Old 10-03-2018, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
King Ak`Anon

End game raid boss
Buff Mayor Gubbin for a similar event.

Really there’s so much unused content in the game that custom content doesn’t need to mean bringing in new zones, etc.

Start a new classic timeline server. Make that one as classic as is possible. Make this server into p99+ - where the devs work to fix the worst things about original Everquest (nerf click recharges, root raid mobs) and add fun new content that makes all this gear we’ve worked on getting worth having.
Old 10-03-2018, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

its been a year since last patch custom content is like 10 years out.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 10-03-2018, 02:49 PM
Fire Giant

I’ll be the first to say it - either killing some insanely hard mob or completing some ridiculous quest resets the sleeper and warders. Then code in a cool down period in which the sleeper cannot be awoken for a limited time. After which, it again becomes up to diplomacy to keep him imprisoned.
Old 10-03-2018, 03:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doil_Boil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ll be the first to say it - either killing some insanely hard mob or completing some ridiculous quest resets the sleeper and warders. Then code in a cool down period in which the sleeper cannot be awoken for a limited time. After which, it again becomes up to diplomacy to keep him imprisoned.
Something like this

I'd also like to see removed items as potential rewards for custom content. Manastone, Guise, Elder Beads. Not saying to flood the server with them or anything, they should remain very rare. But it'd be more fair to the latecomers
Old 10-03-2018, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

8th Shawl quest and ending quests for other unfinished quest lines like the iksar shaman cudgel or the qeynos badge. Also at least one good set of cultural tailored/smithed armor for every race.

Also a viable way to raise faction with the dwarves in Crystal Caverns. Also do something with the Kerrans zone (make vah shir playable, re-make it as a viable dungeon for level X characters, or something). In fact, I wouldn't mind classically-themed remakes of a lot of un-used dungeons.

Also a custom dungeon in Ro, just like in LDoN. I don't care about the instanced part, I just feel like EQ deserves an Egyptian-themed dungeon in that desert.

Also stuff other people have mentioned like a Sleeper fix and some way to get old/removed items. I'd add the planking for the BFG to the list (it's a ground spawn not a drop) and I'd also add a one-use potion that let's you bind in Timorous Deep (another thing latecomers missed).

All of those items should of course be stupid rare and hard to get, but I'd hope they'd be hard in the luck sense, not in the "must be level 60 in a top raid guild to get them" sense. Ideally they should be like the pegasus cloak, except crazier, so ther no way for players to figure out the formula (or perhaps there is, but once ten or more people take advantage of it the formula changes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senescant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green Server.
Green will have to be released before any custom content comes out. The whole idea (as I understand it) is that Blue is currently "as classic as it gets". But when Green comes out Blue will just be the " side effect of developing the Green" server, and at that point there will no reason not to customize Blue.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-03-2018 at 03:31 PM..
Old 10-04-2018, 12:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green will have to be released before any custom content comes out. The whole idea (as I understand it) is that Blue is currently "as classic as it gets". But when Green comes out Blue will just be the " side effect of developing the Green" server, and at that point there will no reason not to customize Blue.

Drink
Old 01-10-2019, 02:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doil_Boil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This
Old 01-19-2019, 12:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
This is my one and only hope for custom content. Give us a way to bring the Warders back. Allowing a single guild of neckbeards to monopolize content and deprive the entire population of (arguably) the most rewarding content in the game was a bad idea.

3 years is long enough. Bring back the Warders!
Closed Thread