Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 11:05 AM
Banned

Default How do Necros split pull?

I'm new to Necro/slightly retarded, but I'm interested in learning the secrets of pulling with a necro.

Question: Do you absolutely NEED a pre-nerf CoS to split pull?

Another Question: Do you snare one mob, pull, then FD and stand up once they walk back and tag the snared mob?

pls to be helping
Old 05-16-2018, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Your snare technique works. You can also root one mob, other mob runs to you, you FD. This insta-resets aggro on the rooted mob. Get up, engage mob who hasn't been rooted..

You can also simply use FD. Aggro a bunch of mobs, they run to you, you FD. They start walking back in but not all at the same time. Keep alternating FD / stand to achieve needed result.
Old 05-16-2018, 11:17 AM
Banned

Awesome thanks! I'll try that out
Old 05-16-2018, 01:37 PM
Fire Giant

To answer your first question, you don't need the pre nerf circlet for split pulling. Izmael answered the rest. The only thing I would add is to practice split pulling a bit without root, with root, and with a darkness snare to get the hang of the different distances and timing needed. Make certain the mobs are a high green at least (you would still get exp) as it gives you a better feel for their aggro range in relation to each other of when you're safe to stand back up. Use Engulfing (lvl 12) darkness or better for the snare.

Getting the feel for this and knowing what to expect with practice in an Outdoor zone is kind of a good idea rather than trying it cold, with no practice, in a dungeon.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:06 PM
Sarnak

Screaming Terror(ST) is another useful spell for splitting.

ST -> off-tank the other mob with pet -> FD -> Stand up AFTER ST wears off = Successful split.

If you're fighting spell casters they won't bother you either + it won't randomly wear off like root just loves to do since it has a fixed 18 sec timer.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:59 PM
Fire Giant

Example is the Toll Booth Guards, which are best available to begin at level 34. Taken from Sesserdrix's All in One Necromancer Strategy Guide

This is done in West Commonlands. Basically, you have two guards side by side. Now begins more advanced necro pulling tactics. Not that much harder, but more advanced than just casting Darkness.

On one of the guards, you're going to cast "Screaming Terror". This spell stuns and mezes a target for 3 ticks. Casting Screaming Terror will pull the other guard to you. You will want to wait until the guard that is charging you is out of range of the other guard, and then engage him with your pet. Once your pet has engaged, you need to Feign Death before the Screaming Terror ends. The mob, still being on his spawn point, will reset his hate list so you are not on it when you Feign Death. Then, you can stand up, and then save your pet from getting destroyed.

Then, just Fear Kite the one guard. Once the first guard is dead, wait about 2 minutes. Doing this spreads out their respawn timers. From this point on, whenever one pops, kill it immediately and you wont need to fear for getting adds.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixtar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Screaming Terror(ST) is another useful spell for splitting.

ST -> off-tank the other mob with pet -> FD -> Stand up AFTER ST wears off = Successful split.

If you're fighting spell casters they won't bother you either + it won't randomly wear off like root just loves to do since it has a fixed 18 sec timer.
This. Particularly good for guard killing/splitting.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:24 AM
Sarnak

You can carry a few stalking probes and wooly spider silk nets for busting up more difficult rooms or snatching a named out of a room as well. Click the probe, FD, send probe close enough to aggro, run it towards your desired location, once it dies, stand up, insta root it, FD again and let everything else walk back. This is particularly good in places where you cant get charmed pets and reverse kite, like some of the camps in Sol B. Once you break them you won't need to keep using them, so it's just an upfront recharge cost once and then you can keep the camp broken.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:48 AM
Sarnak

With pet: screaming terror one of two mobs. Let other mob engage. Have pet attack it out of the original mobs aggro range. FD. Wait for screaming terror to wear off, stand up and help pet. Happens within the 18 seconds screaming terror lasts.

Without pet: cast darkness on the mob you want to kill. Let both mobs come past a distance that is out of their original aggro range. FD. The one who is not snared will walk back to his spot. When he gets there stand up and the one with darkness should aggro next tick. This is how SKs do it.

There are other ways. These are the two I use most.
Old 05-27-2018, 12:23 PM
Sarnak

I was engaging the booth guards years ago and have a routine grind at it. There is a Giant in the zone that stomped the guts out of my leezard so watch out for him.