Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlpstrtkng [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First I want to start off saying that I’m as nostalgic about the original classic live experience of the 99-early 2000s EQ as most of you. I even kept with it on and off throughout my teen years into early adulthood ultimately giving up around House of Thule expansion. However I am having the hardest time enjoying “the grind” as you call it this time around. My main is a level 38 stuck in a sluggish race to that level 60 finish line. So much so that I’ve not logged in a couple months and I just snoop around living vicariously through these forums. My question in simple is, how do most of you get motivation to keep going, especially at those hell levels. Most here have three, four, five level 60s and I’m sitting here dreading just getting the hell out of lower guk lol. Are there any special zones you go to when you’re feeling like you need something different. Really this is not meant to be condescending I would like to enjoy playing eq again

This may come as a complete surprise to you, but near 85% of the server is autitstic. Which means 16 hours a day staring at a screen waiting for pixels to appear. Do not compare the lack of level 60s you have to the autists. They are in a league of their own.

It took me 2 years to get to 55 on my iksar necro. Honestly I thought I was moving pretty fast given the time I played.

BTW. What class are you?
Old 07-22-2018, 08:51 PM
Kobold

As others have stated its all about finding your niche. I don't have a regular enough schedule to dedicate to raiding so I found something else to keep me busy. I am making my Lizard necro loved by all cities and factions in the old world (except those 2 in kelethin who will never love me). It's kept me busy and I've gotten to lv 57 along the way by accident. It's the journey that drives us, not the destination. The only way to win is not to play.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:31 PM
Planar Protector

I've found that setting smaller more achievable goals keeps me going. Looking forward to that next set of spells, camping a particular drop that I want, or saving enough money to buy an upgrade I've had my eye on.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlpstrtkng [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First I want to start off saying that I’m as nostalgic about the original classic live experience of the 99-early 2000s EQ as most of you. I even kept with it on and off throughout my teen years into early adulthood ultimately giving up around House of Thule expansion. However I am having the hardest time enjoying “the grind” as you call it this time around. My main is a level 38 stuck in a sluggish race to that level 60 finish line. So much so that I’ve not logged in a couple months and I just snoop around living vicariously through these forums. My question in simple is, how do most of you get motivation to keep going, especially at those hell levels. Most here have three, four, five level 60s and I’m sitting here dreading just getting the hell out of lower guk lol. Are there any special zones you go to when you’re feeling like you need something different. Really this is not meant to be condescending I would like to enjoy playing eq again
I have exactly one level 60 Druid, a class picked in part of ease of leveling, and I will never make an alt because the thought of leveling or gearing one makes me nauseous. Chill out and do your thing friend, it's not a job. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-22-2018, 11:48 PM
Planar Protector

Have session targets.

10% into a hell level? Try and get to a certain point before you log out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I treat lower level hell levels like 50% in is a real "normal" level. I know that's delusional, but it works ^^
Old 07-23-2018, 09:09 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah, making friends with people and taking part in the social aspect is what keeps me going here. I have countless alts at all levels to play with people and shoot the breeze. It makes the journey better and I always love grouping and going to uncommon areas and using uncommon comps while leveling.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:22 PM
Sarnak

Often I do the self made quests.
I took my iksar necro into the warrens to get faction for Paineel. That took 3 or 4 days to grind out. Now I have a nice place to sell and bank.
Grind the skelly guards in Paineel to get the P for tinker bags for my monk.
Destroy my bard faction by going on the 6 minute bard diet with said necro.
There are lots of personal quests you can gin up for yer self.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:03 PM
Sarnak

Topgun lol I was trying to NOT be condescending but yes I probably devote way less time to this than most here it was more about enjoying the time I do spend on here as it’s been pretty boring but you all had great suggestions. I’ve been working on the robe of the lost circle quest for months and am just two drops away from completing that so that’s a goal aside from just leveling. On a side note, anybody know of any guilds that will have me, a 38 monk for not so serious playing? I work a lot and to say im a casual player would be an understatement but I’m easy going no drama and enjoy grouping occasionally.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Topgun lol I was trying to NOT be condescending but yes I probably devote way less time to this than most here it was more about enjoying the time I do spend on here as it’s been pretty boring but you all had great suggestions. I’ve been working on the robe of the lost circle quest for months and am just two drops away from completing that so that’s a goal aside from just leveling. On a side note, anybody know of any guilds that will have me, a 38 monk for not so serious playing? I work a lot and to say im a casual player would be an understatement but I’m easy going no drama and enjoy grouping occasionally.
If you're casually levelling your best bet is either Kittens or TSS
Old 07-24-2018, 11:29 AM
Fire Giant

Smile

i would suggest that if you not having fun with it, you should do something else. you can try to make it fun by rolling alts or rp, or just get chatty with people, but if you don't enjoy casual social interactions or get any sorta umpf from accomplishments, then ought to do something that you do enjoy :3
Closed Thread