Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 02:38 PM
Banned

Deep dive here, but throughout history, what are the default modes of economy? What does that mean to you? How could that change? What is it doing for us? Why do we need to control future potential human behavior of others so bad? Hope this helps. I'm gonna leave be for awhile after this as it's particularly unhealthy to dwell within these subject 100% of the time in this online format, but I am making a genuinely badass effort here.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
House Democrats introduce bill to require two years of debt-free college across the US

As the price of college tuition increases, students face financial struggles that may stop them from attending a university or collecting a significant debt – prompting Democrats to craft a debt-free college legislative proposal.

“We want a world where parents do not have to choose between college or their kids or paying the rent,” said Rep. Susan Davis, D-Calif., at a press conference at the Capitol on Tuesday. “Where borrowers do not have a lifetime of debt because of a college degree where race gender and socioeconomic status do not determine professional success.”

“This is a common sense, comprehensive bill that works for the young people of this country,” said Rep. David Cicilline, D-Rhode Island “It increases investments in financial aid and make the majority of Pell grant funding mandatory and creates new incentives that will offer states to offer two-years of tuition-free community college - as we’ve already done in my state of Rhode Island.”

The Congressional Budget Office claims the PROSPER Act may cut nearly $15 billion from student aid if enacted. Democrats fear the GOP’s legislation will move federal dollars toward low-quality, for-profit programs and put corporate interests above the needs of students.

“This strong legislation will invest boldly in America’s students and family now and into the future,” said Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., House Minority Leader. “We will continue to press for progress to ensure debt-free, quality and meaningful college education that is within reach for every student. Democrats will continue to fight for all Americans on the road to success.”
How many years until University 2.0 is launched you think?

I was mocked online when I said the two year degree will be the same as a highschool diploma. Next will be 4 years degrees if this goes through. Are they going to backpay those that have debt or they just SOL?

Higher education is just expected now, everyone does it to have a better life. When everyone is doing something its no longer the exception but the standard, just like basic work once was then later the expectation to have a high school diploma (McDonalds even expected that for patty flipping) and I think the new standard will be at least two years college because its free and you should do it to live a better life.

New kids are entitled with it, it's being setup as a battle with the GOP against it because they want for profit schooling while the Dems want better access and help. I think its a laughing stock that misses the point of school. It also wasn't so expensive before the loan system was put into place (so anyone can have it, like having a home before the 2008 crisis = Education Agenda), then declaring bankruptcy was taken out because the banks are going to get their money and the colleges are going to raise their prices in accordance with them. Now you are stuck in a loop.

Maybe I am wrong. Time will tell. If it proves me wrong, terribly wrong, so be it. Good for society.
Last edited by Mblake1981; 07-25-2018 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: meh
Old 07-25-2018, 03:51 PM
Banned

refreshing and conventional
Old 07-25-2018, 03:56 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-25-2018, 03:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It also wasn't so expensive before the loan system was put into place (so anyone can have it, like having a home before the 2008 crisis = Education Agenda), then declaring bankruptcy was taken out because the banks are going to get their money and the colleges are going to raise their prices in accordance with them. Now you are stuck in a loop.
housing and education prices really are ridiculous. i read a article recently that said education costs have increased 2.5x in real dollars over the last two decades.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnome Wizard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ladies and gentlemen cool and normal
that was a bit much!

i apologize for disappointing you.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelonpai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
housing and education prices really are ridiculous. i read a article recently that said education costs have increased 2.5x in real dollars over the last two decades.
meanwhile salaries haven't recovered from 1999 and are in a steady downtrend.

more competition for jobs = lower pay.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 07-25-2018, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But immigration is good dude
Old 07-25-2018, 04:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

this liek the second recent post where you replied with something liek what I was gonna write before writing what I wrote ^^
Old 07-25-2018, 04:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But immigration is good dude
they make economy go up.

why do you hate GDP growth?
Closed Thread