Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Restrictions on scout roll?
Only characters level 55+ can roll 112 52.09%
Keep the scout roll as is 96 44.65%
Other (please elaborate in a post) 7 3.26%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 07:16 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by remen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, the player base here can come to agreements that will be enforced by the staff, it is ridiculous for you to say that this change can never happen because...you don't like it? That being said, only a slight majority seem to be in favor of changing it so I doubt that's anywhere near enough to make this change happen, so you can relax.

The only thing that could be done at this point would be for players 55+ to agree to not help with the encounter if someone below 55 wins the roll, making it very difficult for them to complete it. I honestly don't care that much either way if there is a change, I just started this thread so we could get a feel for what the player base wants and because a few people PMed me asking me to create this poll.
You think it makes sense that even though a toon could finish it at 50, that because a bunch of people don't want him to, that its okay to lock down a mob so that he cant do it?

Hows that for a play nice policy.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:25 AM
Planar Protector

I think the democratic solution is allow the attendees at each roll to form an agreement on an ad hoc basis.

If you as an individual have personally preferred prerequisites for the winner (melee only? Min level?) let them be known and establish that you will only help if these conditions are met, at the cost that other rollers may choose not to help you if you do win the roll.
Last edited by Jimjam; 09-18-2018 at 07:35 AM..
Old 09-18-2018, 12:38 PM
Kobold

Oh neat, i have a second forum account? News to me.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a 52 wizard is the among the last classes in the game to get a roll. Back in kunark sure okay. In velious however. Just no.
Warriors, monks and rogues out dps wizards in velious. Which you may know and be trying to use as bait. maybe,.
I thought anyone could show up and roll?

Also if it wasn't bait I would have said for my monk instead.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:37 PM
Skeleton

yay
Old 09-18-2018, 05:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

imho, I said this to my friends back when I was going to scout every roll. When 40-50 people show up, it is wasting a lot of people's time. It should be enough people to do the quest, but not many more. I guess my point is to think about the aggregate wasted time and having a restriction helps everyone save time. Ad-hoc agreements won't work because 1) you've already spent the time showing up and 2) you won't form consensus in any reasonable amount of time.

55+ seems like a fine cut-off and it benefits everyone to have this restriction.
Last edited by wtsgoodtime; 09-18-2018 at 05:42 PM..
Old 09-19-2018, 02:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Jensen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're going to implement a new level requirement, make it 60 - no half-measures.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:02 AM
Sarnak

It's a great idea, but the only reason I can't fully agree is because people should be allowed to gear Vox/Nag toons that are stuck at 52 for a purpose.

But yeah, everyone parking their shit alts they never play is super lame, especially when level 30s are there rolling. Restricting it to 52 is still better than nothing.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadiki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a great idea, but the only reason I can't fully agree is because people should be allowed to gear Vox/Nag toons that are stuck at 52 for a purpose.

But yeah, everyone parking their shit alts they never play is super lame, especially when level 30s are there rolling. Restricting it to 52 is still better than nothing.
I don't agree with restricting it at all, but your post makes a very strong case for restricting it to 60 just to ensure that the value of essence emeralds is driven ever lower.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:25 PM
Large Bat

The mob is level 58, this isn't a hard choice IMO.

If you can't contribute reasonably to the kill effort you don't get to roll against those who do.
Last edited by Xzorn; 09-19-2018 at 11:32 PM..
Closed Thread