Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

I don't know, wiki may be wrong is why i ask.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 10-27-2018, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Pally cap offense 5point lower than sk but got the same piercing cap as other weapon, sk got a much lower piercing cap on p99...
To summarize, sk are better with all blunt and slash weapon, pally are better with piercing...
Bottom line, let a pally guildie loot that lance of thunder...
Old 10-27-2018, 12:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't SK/Pally piercing capped at 210 in lieu of 225 until the 2h bonus patch drops?
Correct, SK cap is 210.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:24 PM
Sarnak

Now the real question - who's coming down to clear crypt for my Dark Shroud turn in[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've excited about getting this epic done - thanks for everyone's input on this.
Old 11-02-2018, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

I used to sell 'ghost popping services' for Ghost of Glohnor, but am no longer an active player. It is same as anyone can imagine... I've had him pop after 1 cycle of fallen erudites (~22mins), I've not had him pop for an entire day.

I'm not sure your level or what alts you have, but I could keep the 5 PHs down for entire cycle with my 60 epic monk (no fungi, just reinvig velious BP).

A necro or enchanter can easily keep all 6 clear (one is in the opposite graveyard). Trick is to /target it and lull until aggro resist. Just be careful as there is a roaming rock golem that will assist, have to wall look and make sure he is pathed out of undead city.
Old 11-02-2018, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

As a side note, you can safely log in and out inside the tunnel leading to Dartain's room, so if you have a set group to go down there you can potentially take a break if you get a run with no spawn and try again another day.

Danth
Old 11-02-2018, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Forgot to mention, for now Dartain the Lost is flagged as undead, so need ITU to walk by his area. But after patch, i think regular invis will work. There may also be an additional fallen erudite up top in the west graveyard near crypt if nilbog / telin believed in the map i linked.

Those skeletons are actually excellent solo exp for any class that can handle them (terrible loot though). Careful as they are on MinionsofUnderfoot faction, don't fight them if you want to keep hole faction. Golems and elementals will assist, but ghosts don't give a shit.

I won't say how, but kindle can also be pulled to crypt solo, used for pet or exp.

After next patch, if they fix ghost faction (some are supposed to be indifferent up top), it will be cake to pull her and even exp up in tower.
Old 11-03-2018, 04:38 AM
Planar Protector

"A tremendous shield"... lol. I love item names in eq.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:46 AM
Kobold

I spent 55-60 in hole parsing Narandi's Lance vs Reaver (which somehow works on those mobs) and they were comparable, both in the 40s DPS. The lance procced probably every fight but sometimes not until after the mob was half dead (with dex gear on). Reaver is, well, Reaver.

Ultimately, my SK is fun to play, so I play it.
Old 11-18-2018, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

BRING IT XAEOPHI

Also, I think both Knight classes are hugely underrated here. I bet SKs are roughly equal to Warriors both on raids (+15-20 dps from lifetaps if you don't mind medding up afterwards) and for XP (+15-20 dps from the 44th necromancer pet, and don't forget Banshee Aura & Vampiric Embrace taps chipping in). Once the 2H upgrade comes out I guess SKs are closing in on Monks. On TAKP my Monk (17/19+15/18, 3xAOB) would occasionally lose to Rocksmasher SKs nuking hard with a pet.
Closed Thread