Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Quest Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 05:03 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NPCs accept stacked items now?

I didnt think it allowed you to even put multiple items in a trade window with an npc
It should work, but doesn't. It's a feature* that would need to be created.

In general, this quest needs to be figured out. Whether it needs 3, 4, or 5 items.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Ploktor got it to work with 5 ( 1 meat, 2 eggs, 2 seaweeds)

so if the stacking thing gets fixed it seems this would b correct as you get 2 stacked fish eggs after using a skinning knife on thunder salmon

and the evidence seems to b showing 2 seaweed turn ins with the only uncertain thing being the eggs
Old 03-04-2014, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

If being able to turn in stacked items is an issue, and if there aren't many quests affected by it, I'd suggest just making the turn in 1meat, 2seaweed, and 1 fish eggs. Fish eggs come in pairs anyway and are stackable, so from that standpoint it doesn't make a difference to people doing the quest if its 1 or 2 fish eggs. seaweed on the other hand don't stack, are no drop, and come one at a time, so 2 is somewhat different than 1.

2eggs vs 1egg isn't going to break the quest or ruin immersion, and would save some dev work on the stacked mechanic

its a shame the records of it are so ambiguous
Old 10-27-2014, 07:28 PM
Project Manager

Pending update,

Quest will require only 1 fish eggs. If further evidence is found, update this thread or create a new one.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

What I remember is you could stack items in the trade up until the number the NPC asks for. In other words, if a dude asks for 4 bone chips you can place 4 stacks of 4 bonechips and complete the quest 4 times, but if one of those stacks has 8 bonechips you still only complete the quest 4 times.

Later on this functionality was broken and you couldn't turn in more than 1 item at a time, which explains why eqemu is coded that way I guess.

The discussion for this quest is really odd. It appears some people got the totem from handing in 2 fish eggs 1 seaweed while others got it from 2 seaweed 1 fish eggs. It makes me think that either both ways were possible, or the quest really did require 5 items and everyone was just MQ piggybacking off previous failures.

It also seems like Water Dragon Meat could be substituted for the Sea Dragon Meat, but it's not like that item gets a lot of discussion so who knows when it should be in the game. If the quest was programmed to accept either types of meat, one would assume that it'd be available at least by Velious since why would they go back and alter this guy's quest otherwise? The Water Dragon Meat apparently drops off Lord Koi`Doken in addition to Faydedar and Kelorek`Dar who also drop the Sea Dragon Meat.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

What I'm curious about, is there any evidence Sea Dragon Meat even existed before Velious?

I couldn't find any reference to people getting them off Faydedar pre-Velious.

This seems to be supported based off its item ID:

22815 - Section of Lodizal's Shell
22814 - Sea Dragon Scales
22813 - Sea Dragon Meat
22812 - Water Dragon Meat
22811 - Drake Meat
22810 - Walrus Meat
22809 - Wurm Meat
22808 - Wyvern Meat
22807 - Dragon Meat
22806 - Otterman Meat

So it's smack dab in the middle of a bunch of other Velious items in the ID system.

Faydedar specific drops:

11588 - Shield of the Water Dragon
11583 - Water Dragon Scales

In summary, Sea Dragon Meat + Wurm Meat should not drop until Velious. All existing meats should be purged from game. There shouldn't be 200 Totems on day 1 of Velious cause people have stacks of the meats I'm afraid.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:49 PM
Sarnak

I just want to mention that Faydedar didn't drop the Sea Dragon Meat until fairly recently. I know for certain Fay did not drop the meat on Kunark release and for a long time after... so it was added to the loot table purposely, if I had to guess it was in early-mid 2013.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Planar Protector

Item IDs are pretty meaningless.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:27 PM
Planar Protector

Item ID's generally reflect the expansion or update items were implemented with.

Some items did get re-categorized, primarily during the update during PoP where they had to change the number of items the game was able to handle. It was when EQ was in 16bit, and 32767 was the maximum item ID they could have.

Tons of item IDs are grouped together. Raid drops, class armors, tradeskills etc. It reflects when they were itemized.

But again, those meats serve 0 purpose in Kunark. No tradeskill or quests involve them. There are no posts that suggest they dropped before Velious. And their item ID is grouped together with Velious meats.

I see no evidence that would suggest they dropped before Velious.
Last edited by Daldaen; 11-09-2014 at 08:31 PM..
Old 11-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

Looked up some random stuff by ID...

Item ID 2389 is a gate potion to Plane of Mischief (GM only?).
Item ID 1559 is a bracer from late Velious Plane of Fear revamp.
Item ID 6822 is a bracer from Plane of Mischief.
Item ID 6895 is a bracer from Luclin.

All of these would be pre-Kunark items if things were ordered like that. They aren't.

Some stuff is grouped "sorta" by relation, some stuff is grouped alphabetically like those last two examples (Mushroom Bracer, Musty Scale Bracer), it's a total mess. It's meaningless and you can't divine any sort of real information from item IDs.

Using your logic I could say that Water Dragon Meat was added in or after Velious and they just threw Sea Dragon Meat next to it because the items are so similar.

And that's probably what happened. They're all meats so they were reorganized together. Wurm Meat is a Kunark item.
Last edited by Byrjun; 11-09-2014 at 09:00 PM..
Closed Thread