Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-23-2017, 08:40 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default So my dad and I wanted to play this togeather...

Long story short. We have Two computers in the house, and we run them off the same router. He installed this on the other computer for me, and after making the accoutn I tried to log in and it said the IP had a block on it for some reason. I take it Two people in the same house cannot play togeather off the same router?
Old 03-26-2017, 12:10 PM
Large Rat

You can.

Quote:
"Boxing" is not allowed on Project 1999. This is defined as playing more than one character per server by the same person. This includes one person playing multiple characters on different computers.

Our servers will not allow you to log in multiple accounts from the same household / internet connection. Attempting to do so will be met with a Temporary IP Ban error.

If you genuinely have multiple people playing from the same connection, you are required to request an IP Exemption in the Petition Forum

Violation of this rule will result in disciplinary action and possible loss of accounts involved.

Playing one character per server (One on Project 1999 Blue, One on Project 1999 Red, or one+ on any other EQEmulator server) is allowed.
Quote:
When [requesting exemption], please include the account names of every person that will be playing from the same IP, as well as the identities (real first names) / relations to those players, and please make sure that at least one character has been created under each account. Please verify the spelling of each account you specify. This format works best: Real first name - Relationship - Account Name